Rough Rider grove sight leaves a lot to be desired - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Rough Rider grove sight leaves a lot to be desired

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Hmmm...good call, but man those sights would be small!
    I thought of all the possible fixes or mods I could do instead of sending it back to Heritage, hey, let them send me one that is correct and if something else goes wrong there will be none of this..."well you modified the firearm". I have plenty of other guns to shoot while it is gone.
    daveindenver likes this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    16325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    If it were mine and warranty was expired I would grind it level, file the notch and then file down the front blade until the point of aim and impact were the same.
    Not a good idea to remove material from an injection molded aluminum/zinc alloy frame.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    I thought of all the possible fixes or mods I could do instead of sending it back to Heritage, hey, let them send me one that is correct and if something else goes wrong there will be none of this..."well you modified the firearm". I have plenty of other guns to shoot while it is gone.
    I called Heritage just 2 weeks ago about a few defects on a RR that I had for less than a month. They were going to pay shipping both ways and do it without an FFL. (Law allows a mfgr to ship from/to a verified owner... but not all mfgr's will do this.) Liked that a lot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5869 times
    Being a verified owner has nothing to do with it. How are they going to verify that you are an owner. They have your name and address and the fact that you called and said it was broken. You could be sending it for your sister-in-law, your neighbor, or your friend at the tavern who doesn't want to send it in cuz he stole it!

Any FFL Holder can return a repaired or customized gun back to the person at the address it was sent from with no legal problems. This includes custom work, warranty repair, refinishing, or any other kind of work that you would want the FFL to perform for you. If you sent it to the FFL they can return it to you at your home address with no problem.

Most FFL will return Firearms this way after work being done.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daveindenver View Post
    I called Heritage just 2 weeks ago about a few defects on a RR that I had for less than a month. They were going to pay shipping both ways and do it without an FFL. (Law allows a mfgr to ship from/to a verified owner... but not all mfgr's will do this.) Liked that a lot!
    I have had this done, but if they can not repair it, they will have to send me a new gun that has to go thru a FFL....and they do not pay for the FFL fee.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Member #
    Liked
    5869 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7mod0 View Post
    I have had this done, but if they can not repair it, they will have to send me a new gun that has to go thru a FFL....and they do not pay for the FFL fee.

They do not have to send it through an FFL if it is a replacement that they cannot repair. They simply do the paperwork change in their own files with the new serial number from the new gun and they send it direct to you. I have had this done with Rock Island when they could not repair a 9 mm 1911 that I sent back. They simply send you a new gun direct to your address with adult signature required. There is no difference between sending you back a repaired gun or a a new gun. There is no requirement for an FFL as there's no requirement for a background check you already had the background check when you bought the first gun that had to be replaced.

There has been more than one member on this forum that has had a gun that could not be fixed and was replaced with a new one. They all have reported that the new replacement gun was sent direct to them.

They do not pay an FFL fee because there is no FFL fee on a gun that is sent to you for replacement of one they cannot fix

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    §478.147 Return of firearm.

A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may ship a firearm to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other provision of this part, the licensed manufacturer, licensed importer, or licensed dealer may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that person the firearm or a replacement firearm of the same kind and type. See §478.124(a) for requirements of a Form 4473 prior to return. A person not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State or local law may ship a firearm curio or relic to a licensed collector for any lawful purpose, and, notwithstanding any other provision of this part, the licensed collector may return in interstate or foreign commerce to that person the firearm curio or relic.

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10507, Mar. 31, 1988]

It does state this in fact.....TY BangBang!!! I will further deal with them on this mater.
    BangBang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whichfinger View Post
    Not a good idea to remove material from an injection molded aluminum/zinc alloy frame.
    Better tell heritage, their adjustable sight model has a lot more material removed than this would require.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    7334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    If it were mine and warranty was expired I would grind it level, file the notch and then file down the front blade until the point of aim and impact were the same.
    I'd square up the notch and then adjust by filing the front sight if needed. That's if it won't shoot as is.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    925 times
    Well Heritage received it, and now the fate of my little Rough Rider is at the mercy of Taurus International! As I said CS rep told me approx 12 weeks, but she requested an update as soon as it was on the repair desk so she could send to me. Took the CZ P-07 and the Kadet kit out today....hard to not enjoy shooting that kit on the P-07. Name:  SAM_1571.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  4.24 MB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links