Heritage - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Heritage

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    Can't believe I'm the only one out here that has this issue. It's like the spent brass swells up & is catching in the frame somewhere.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    8731 times
    There are two other threads here that have to deal with staff members here getting notice that Rossi USA, Taurus USA, and Heritage are now consolidated are under one roof in Georgia. E-mails from those companies were received with those messages. Each person signed up for the each of those companies notices got that message that that particular company was now moved to the Georgia location.

Diamondback separated from Taurus USA back in 2015. Here's the story. www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=3914.0 DB has been a separate entity for a few years now. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...q6LZxlgm2cgcFu

Member #
    Liked
    8731 times
    More on the Taurus and DB supposed get together. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com › taurus-secures-diamondback-firearms

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    More on the Taurus and DB supposed get together. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com › taurus-secures-diamondback-firearms
    That article was written when Mark was in charge. Wish he still was. He was good for the company, and for us.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16955 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHIZOID View Post
    Can't believe I'm the only one out here that has this issue. It's like the spent brass swells up & is catching in the frame somewhere.
    I actually had a similar problem with the model I bought back in the early 90s. I used a rasp on the cylinder holes to stop the 22LR cartridge cases from being so hard to eject. I still have the revolver today.

I got an email notification sometime over the last few days that all Heritage repair work would be sent to the Taurus facility in Georgia. I heard that Rossi would be going there too. I guess Taurus is going to consolidate all their repair facilities in one place.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    Feels more like the spent shells are catching somewhere inside of the frame. Maybe on the loading gate ? Gonna take it to the range again & see if it locks up. Then have the Smith take a look at it.

It does do it with both cylinders.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHIZOID View Post
    I've had that problem but not on my Rough Rider. I had the problem on my Ruger Single Six and my Charter Arms Pathfinder.. It was due to the Winchester ammo I was using and once I shot it up, I have had no more problems.
    Taurus

TCP
    Spectrum
    PT111 G2

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    Went to the range today & shot it again. Hung up on the 27th round. Gun smith there said I might want to really clean the cylinders. Got it home & using a NEW wire brush locked it my cordless drill I ran it through a bunch of times. Then I took a swab with some FLITZ on it & ran it through some. Finally cleaned it with some Hoppes #9 with a bore brush & then swabbed it clean with patches. Will have it out again Thu. Will be using some CCI ammo this time.

I did notice that inserting a spent cartridge into the cylinder holes show different levels of resistance. One it falls right in, the others are harder to get seated than others. Wonder if the one that is loose is causing the case to swell too much? Some of the holes are really hard to extract the cases.

Can't remember if the 22 mag cylinder locks up too. If it does, its something inside of the gun causing the issue. I did clean both today even though I only shot the LR. one.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    1184 times
    I'm about to give up on this gun. Sickens me to read all of these great reviews of this gun, only to have one that will hardly shoot a cylinder full of ammo before locking up. Taurus/ Heritage is NO HELP at all. Told me to send it in on my dime & pay to have them FIX it. Guess it's mostly my fault for buying a cheap gun with a 1 year warranty.

This one will be going in on the next buy back.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Member #
    Liked
    8731 times
    https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=601096 Sorry you got a bad one, but there are three things you can do. Send the gun back(talk with CHAT at the Taurus USA site) to Taurus USA and have them fix it. Tell the responder your problem in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Copy down what was said and to whom. Better yet. Go to the Heritage Firearms site. Click on the tab that says "SUPPORT" and then you can converse with someone live with q copy of what was said and done.
    Contact Customer Care
    Hours: Monday - Friday
    8:00AM to 8:00PM (EST)
    Call Us: (800) 327-3776
    Help Desk: Submit a request

Contact Us Now that I think of it chat is out but clicking on the "Submit A Request" tab at Taurus USA can help. It'll will give
    you a record of what was done.

Barring that you can have a local accredited gunsmith work on it. Or you cans sell the gun. Do the moral thing and tell the new to be owner about the problem before he/she buys it.

Taurus USA Headquarters
    Phone: (305) 624-1115
    Fax: (305) 624-1126https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601096
    I have researched the archives here and have seen nothing like you propose. It can happen so am not calling anyone out on this. Just that there are things that can be done and this thread has gone as far as it can. It might be time to shut it down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links