Live Like You Were... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Live Like You Were...

Member #
    Liked
    22811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    This thread is another example of what makes TA.net a great place. A place to go and get the support one needs to get through trying times.
    AMEN, fish!
    TA.net is a great group of folks, so many of whom I hold dear as friends, even though I may have never met some of them! Thank you again, Harry, for the timeless reminder to be grateful, for every day on earth is His gift to us! Special prayers going out to you and many of our other TA.net family members that are in need of such!
    Fishinkeylargo and MilProGuy like this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!
    Now residing in God's Country - The Black Hills of South Dakota!

Member #
    Liked
    4383 times
    Sir,the most wonderful thing about knowing Father God and our Lord Jesus Christ is the peace. My belief is founded on the scriptures that God is Father God, God of love to His children that love and serve Him. I rest in the confidence that when I breath out my last breath here the next in heaven will be wonderful. This is not because I have been so good and holy but because the Lord Jesus was and is. Sir, over the years I have watched folks pass from this life to the next. The transition for strong believers has always been easier. I give thanks each morning when I wake, at night when I go to bed and through the day. As one that has had much forgiven grace is a wonderful gift. I was too stupid to fear death as a sinner. I am thankful for Paul's reminder in 1 Cor 15:55 where he takes from Hosea13:14. Paul wrote death where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory? NKJV. Harry when you make the transition you will be in peace. Until then instead of living life like you are dieing, live it knowing you have already died. To be absent from the body is to be present with our Lord. 2 Cor 5:8 Enjoy family, friends, loved ones, the gift of life and blessings of God our Father through Christ Jesus our Lord. Even those in good health may be gone tomorrow. Each day is a gift.
    MilProGuy, Sekol, jonrjen and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    22729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I just returned from a Memorial Service for my wives uncle...
    So you're in a polygamous marriage with two sisters?

Sorry, I thought a bit of levity was in order.
    Sekol and jonrjen like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7714 times
    MP , hard to say any words other than you will be in my thoughts and prayers .

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    AMEN, fish!
    TA.net is a great group of folks, so many of whom I hold dear as friends, even though I may have never met some of them! Thank you again, Harry, for the timeless reminder to be grateful, for every day on earth is His gift to us! Special prayers going out to you and many of our other TA.net family members that are in need of such!

Thank you, little sister.
    Sekol and jonrjen like this.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOldRedneck View Post
    Sir,the most wonderful thing about knowing Father God and our Lord Jesus Christ is the peace. My belief is founded on the scriptures that God is Father God, God of love to His children that love and serve Him. I rest in the confidence that when I breath out my last breath here the next in heaven will be wonderful. This is not because I have been so good and holy but because the Lord Jesus was and is. Sir, over the years I have watched folks pass from this life to the next. The transition for strong believers has always been easier. I give thanks each morning when I wake, at night when I go to bed and through the day. As one that has had much forgiven grace is a wonderful gift. I was too stupid to fear death as a sinner. I am thankful for Paul's reminder in 1 Cor 15:55 where he takes from Hosea13:14. Paul wrote death where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory? NKJV. Harry when you make the transition you will be in peace. Until then instead of living life like you are dieing, live it knowing you have already died. To be absent from the body is to be present with our Lord. 2 Cor 5:8 Enjoy family, friends, loved ones, the gift of life and blessings of God our Father through Christ Jesus our Lord. Even those in good health may be gone tomorrow. Each day is a gift.

Mr. Frank,

Thank for the enlightening insights you shared with us. I know that you run deep, spiritually, because of the numerous times I have been privileged to speak with you on the phone and for the grace that you have bestowed upon me in the past, and for the prayers you have lifted up for me, as well as my granddaughter, Shelby, who is still heading down the wide path that leads to destruction. Her children are now 7 and 5.

The prospect of death, which each of us will someday face, is something that I will embrace with supreme joy, for eye has not seen, ear has not heard, nor has it ever entered into the heart of man the things that HE has prepared for those who love Him and keep His commandments.

Thank you, again, for your words of reassurance.
    TheOldRedneck likes this.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served

Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    MP , hard to say any words other than you will be in my thoughts and prayers .

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

It's a win-win situation, for sure.

I appreciate your sharing this wonderful reminder.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served

Member #
    Liked
    34420 times
    Not to get off track here but as things like this rarely happen, I just thought I'd share. I mentioned in a previous post that an old friend had just passed away. When I posted that, I knew he'd died of heart failure while out playing pool. When I talked with the family, I learned more of the details and though it may sound odd, it actually brought a smile to my face. For some folks, I suppose there actually is a "good way to go".

Though not his real name, I always knew him as Virgil (long story). I first met him when I was 12, at a scrambles race in 1970. We'd been friends ever since and he was sort of my racing mentor as I started out in scrambles and flat track. Though he was strictly the "go fast, turn left" type, he was at my first MX race to serve as my pit crew and cheer me on. A great guy but very....almost obsessively competitive in every arena, recreation and business. He liked nothing more than to win and had a habit of doing just that, pretty much at everything.

He was 67, recently becoming a tad overweight but otherwise healthy, always active and hard working. Last Saturday night, he was playing pool with some buddies. He'd just finished a game and won, doing a little victory jig as he snatched the money from the table. Then he walked over to a bar stool, still laughing and smiling but an instant after he sat down, his chin dropped to his chest and he was gone. For him, I could hardly think of a better way. It was instant, he never saw it coming and he was doing something he loved. Those three things also made it much easier for his family and friends to accept his passing.

In essence, we are all dying from the moment we're born. Physically, we have a limited shelf-life even under the best of circumstances. I'm certain we all have a "condition", whether diagnosed or not. We all have blood that could clot or vessels that could burst without forewarning, cancers appear out of nowhere and sometimes, hearts just stop. I've seen healthy teens die of heart attacks, it's not as rare as one might think. Most of the gang I hung out with in school are gone from "natural causes" and many were younger, definitely took better care of themselves too. It's pretty obvious that when you figure in all the other possibilities such as illness, accidents, crime/terrorism, natural disaster, etc, that our odds of seeing another day just get worse with every passing minute. We should live each day as if we were dying because in reality, we are.
    MilProGuy and loudviking like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Not to get off track here but as things like this rarely happen, I just thought I'd share. I mentioned in a previous post that an old friend had just passed away. When I posted that, I knew he'd died of heart failure while out playing pool. When I talked with the family, I learned more of the details and though it may sound odd, it actually brought a smile to my face. For some folks, I suppose there actually is a "good way to go".

Though not his real name, I always knew him as Virgil (long story). I first met him when I was 12, at a scrambles race in 1970. We'd been friends ever since and he was sort of my racing mentor as I started out in scrambles and flat track. Though he was strictly the "go fast, turn left" type, he was at my first MX race to serve as my pit crew and cheer me on. A great guy but very....almost obsessively competitive in every arena, recreation and business. He liked nothing more than to win and had a habit of doing just that, pretty much at everything.

He was 67, recently becoming a tad overweight but otherwise healthy, always active and hard working. Last Saturday night, he was playing pool with some buddies. He'd just finished a game and won, doing a little victory jig as he snatched the money from the table. Then he walked over to a bar stool, still laughing and smiling but an instant after he sat down, his chin dropped to his chest and he was gone. For him, I could hardly think of a better way. It was instant, he never saw it coming and he was doing something he loved. Those three things also made it much easier for his family and friends to accept his passing.

In essence, we are all dying from the moment we're born. Physically, we have a limited shelf-life even under the best of circumstances. I'm certain we all have a "condition", whether diagnosed or not. We all have blood that could clot or vessels that could burst without forewarning, cancers appear out of nowhere and sometimes, hearts just stop. I've seen healthy teens die of heart attacks, it's not as rare as one might think. Most of the gang I hung out with in school are gone from "natural causes" and many were younger, definitely took better care of themselves too. It's pretty obvious that when you figure in all the other possibilities such as illness, accidents, crime/terrorism, natural disaster, etc, that our odds of seeing another day just get worse with every passing minute. We should live each day as if we were dying because in reality, we are.
    I appreciate, more than you know, your sharing with us the more expanded story of the death of your dear friend. What a way to depart from this life!

The last sentence of your treatise on this subject is pure gold. Thanks for your enriching contribution to this thread.
    kschilk likes this.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links