I came across this quote recently and was quite surprised at who made this statement.
Some of you political science majors venture a guess as to who made this profoundly insightful statement.
Let's allow the thread to run at least five pages before revealing who spoke these timeless words.
"...we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient--that we are only 6 percent of the world's population--that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind--that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity--and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem."
Last edited by MilProGuy; 07-28-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Millennium G2 PT111
Millennium G2 PT140
PT92 ----- TCP PT738
US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin
"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787
I cheated, but I won't reveal.
Sounds JFKish to me. Not that he would believe it though.
I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.
Same as, "We choose to go to the moon...".
Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.
Probably one of the Bushes.
Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.