Name:  FB_IMG_1579133465983_1579133526444.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  42.1 KB
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    7799 times
    Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just to shoot ammo someone game me, I've got nothing to add.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    22727 times
    Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just because I found a really cool holster, I've got nothing to add.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    22224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just to shoot ammo someone game me, I've got nothing to add.
    Got you beat. I told my wife to pick up some 22 mag ammo and she came back with 17 Win super mag ammo. When I told her the problem, she said walmart doesn't return or exchange ammo so she guessed that meant I'd need to buy a new gun. I LOVE my wife (except for the Henry debacle).
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Got you beat. I told my wife to pick up some 22 mag ammo and she came back with 17 Win super mag ammo. When I told her the problem, she said walmart doesn't return or exchange ammo so she guessed that meant I'd need to buy a new gun. I LOVE my wife (except for the Henry debacle).
    Henry who?
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    22224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaShooter View Post
    Henry who?
    I have a Pietta SAA and wanted a long gun in the same caliber; 45 colt. So I started looking at the Rossi's and some of the older Marlins and Winchesters. My wife put her foot down and said that (and I quote) if you're getting a lever action, it's GOT to be a Henry. So after about a month of checking different places I found a barely used Big boy brass in 45 colt for a fantastic price and bought it. That was last year around this time. I finally got to shoot it only recently and now all of a sudden she's saying it's HER Henry. She hasn't even held this wonderful piece of american made machinery so I don't think she has a claim to it at all. I also informed her that if that's how it's gonna be, I'll get another Henry in 45-70 and made some disparaging comment like "I'd like to see you shoot that one with your degenerative disc disease" or something to that effect. We're not talking about lever guns right now.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    6671 times
    If you wife insisted you buy a Henry, she really has good taste.
    LdyOfPeace likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Die and I'll marry her 🙂

Jk- good story
    Peacemakr40 and LdyOfPeace like this.
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    7799 times
    I have a Pietta SAA and wanted a long gun in the same caliber; 45 colt. So I started looking at the Rossi's and some of the older Marlins and Winchesters. My wife put her foot down and said that (and I quote) if you're getting a lever action, it's GOT to be a Henry. So after about a month of checking different places I found a barely used Big boy brass in 45 colt for a fantastic price and bought it. That was last year around this time. I finally got to shoot it only recently and now all of a sudden she's saying it's HER Henry. She hasn't even held this wonderful piece of american made machinery so I don't think she has a claim to it at all. I also informed her that if that's how it's gonna be, I'll get another Henry in 45-70 and made some disparaging comment like "I'd like to see you shoot that one with your degenerative disc disease" or something to that effect. We're not talking about lever guns right now.
    Get revenge!

Get a Uberti Henry.

The only thing the Henry of today have in common with the historical Company is the name. The Ubertis are at least using the same action. And the real Henry design is know for better accuracy since the mag tube is part of the barrel, therefore stiffening it and acting as a heat sink.

You just need to figure out the 'Henry Hop' and remember to ANGLE the gun when loading and never drop rounds in from the vertical. Dropping from the vertical worked with the rimfire originals but I don't suggest it for the centerfire repros.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    And you are supposed to b "Peacemakr"?. . . . Boo. Hiss!
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links