Thank goodness
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flash60601

Thread: Thank goodness

Member #
    Liked
    1818 times

Thank goodness

My roommate, there in the croaker, was an old gent named Arlie. It was plain to all that he was on the way out to . . .wherever. But in the preceeding days, his family all came to visit him, and he proudly introduced them to me. His eldest sons were, all three of them, big, strapping youth, fair of face and ruddy of hair, and jovial of countenance. His fourth, the youngest, was of slender build, darker visage, and had a shock of dark, unruly hair.

Just before Arlie breathed his last, they drew the durtain between our beds which closed off the view but not the sound. He asked his wife, "Mercedes, before I go, I just must ask you a question. Is our youngest son, Timothhy, mine? I mean, i need to know."

"Yes, Dearest One", she said solemnly. "I swear on all that is holy, HE is the son of your body and soul."

Arlie's final breath was spent in thanksgiving, and he slipped away peacefully. The doctor declared time of death, and pulled the sheet over his now-stilled face.

She turned to the window and let looose a great sigh and said aloud, "Thanks be that he went before he could ask about the other three."
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    10802 times
    Ba-doom. (tish...)
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Sponsored Links