SNAKES ? . . . . . go figure
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Flash60601

Thread: SNAKES ? . . . . . go figure

Member #
    Liked
    2273 times

SNAKES ? . . . . . go figure

The receeding waters had left the ark stranded, perched squarely and solidly in a rock outcropping high on the mountains of Arrarat. The moss on the sides of the hull had dried to a pale dusty fringe, and the water had ceased dripping from the massive timbers. The great door was now standing open, flung wide to the cool mountain breezes which blew through the now vacant craft and the air inside was a-freshenig, for the great vessel had been tightly closed and afloat for over a year.

Adam, at six hundred and one years of his age, was feeling somewhat nostalgic and on this sunny afternoon, took a walk-through of the huge hulk, reminiscing how he had labored to build and furnish it and how he had trusted his very life and the lives of his family and all of the animals of the earth to it during the rain and flood. As he came down to the lowest level, he heard a kind of sighing sound from a distant, darkened corner. Imagine his surprise as he discovered a pair of snakes, still curled closely together and they were quietly, but obviously weeping!

His heart was merciful toward all creatures since he was the one chosen and ordained to carry and save them through the flood. He tenderly knelt beside these two and held out his strong, gnarled hands for them to entwine and said, "What is it that distresses you so?"

The female of the pair gazed steadily into his eyes and said, "Your command. It's just awful!" and then sobbed even more piteouslly.

"How is that, my children?" he gently asked.

The male had a great, salty tear rolling out of his eye and he flicked it away with a forlorn twitch of his tail, and replied, "You told us to go forth and multiply."

"It is true, I did."

"Well we just can't." replied the snake. "We're ADDERS !"
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    2952 times
    Funny.....but, I think the story has a couple characters and the time line a little mixed up.
    Noah and the Ark came about 1000 years after Adam died.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    7086 times
    I don't care about the time line, I think it's cute!

Don
    Are we the only country dumb enough to start a second civil war because we are offended by the first one?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Holy vipers! You got me. That is funny.

Sponsored Links