Did They Really Say That..?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Did They Really Say That..??

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    219 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    ManxTom - our Cousin across the Pond, True Son of Douglas, and Defender of the Tynwald!

Ta keeayll ommidjys ny sloo ny t'ee ec dooinney creeney dy reayll.
    Ah well.. if it's wit you're after..!! As they say, in order to be old and wise, first you have to be young and stupid..!!

Dy chooilley ghooinney er e hon hene, as Jee son ooilley.

You're not wrong with 'Son of Douglas' 'tis where I was born. But I live in Castletown now.. a glorious old town, check this out..

https://youtu.be/61BA-pAlIh0
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    29790 times
    After 8 shots of Jack Daniels I speak just like that!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    219 times
    Here you go...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man

Of course there's lots more to the place than Wiki's revelations.. Are you into motorcycles? We have the biggest road races in the world here.. 1 lap of the course = 37.75 miles.. and they do it in around 17 minutes..!!! We have our own government, laws, language, currency, health and education, and a shed load of history going way back to the Viking invasions over a 1000 years ago. There are hundreds of Norse placenames here..
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links