Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: For the Golfers

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    36066 times
    And here I sit on this rainy Wed morning, patiently waiting for my new TaylorMade M1 driver, three new head covers, and 72 ultra low (29) compression Wilson Staff "Duo" golf balls to arrive. Can't play in this rain so I'll probably spend the afternoon installing new grips on two sets (twenty eight clubs), then head to the local charity thrift store and pick up another club or two so I can make up another "spare" set.

(Once you start, golf clubs are like guns....always something slightly different that I just HAVE to own. I probably own 30 ~ 35 wedges with lofts ranging from 45° ~ 65° and 18 or 20 putters).

It would be my 7th or 8th set but I'll donate another set to a local small town high school for their golf team.
    Last edited by CWB; 06-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    chefduane and coopercdrkey like this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Member #
    Liked
    20014 times
    I tried playing golf once.
    45 years later I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.
    This product might have helped me a bit.................Big Hole Golf

The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Warning: Posts by this individual contain matter which is known
    by the State of California to cause warpage of space and time.

Member #
    Liked
    4542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TrucksNCoffee View Post
    Well, if five was a bogey, that'd make it a par four. I'm guessing you sailors didn't play too many rounds of golf on those ships, huh?
    What!? The CG has special platforms built the on fantail for driving practice. Cigar and Hawaiian shirt optional.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    It would be my 7th or 8th set but I'll donate another set to a local small town high school for their golf team.
    .... at least you'll get a write off. Most of my clubs are at the bottom of the lake.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10428 times
    Excellent idea! I can probably put together three sets (besides mine) as well and with some pretty good clubs. I need to pick up a couple of inexpensive carry bags or stand bags. I will keep one set in our office as a loaner set to guests who would like to play but who did not bring the sticks, and a couple can go to a local program was you suggest.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    4918 times
    My golfball drivers. They are certainly not putters. FWIW I stopped playing golf with clubs in 1961.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Member #
    Liked
    32526 times
    I like golf but honestly......I think I took it up mostly just to race the golf carts.
    coopercdrkey likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10428 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    I like golf but honestly......I think I took it up mostly just to race the golf carts.
    "He with the fastest cart gets the best lie...."
    kschilk likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

CWB
    Member #
    Iowa native now living in Missouri on the edge of the Ozarks
    Liked
    36066 times
    And here I sit on this rainy Wed morning, patiently waiting for my new TaylorMade M1 driver, three new head covers, and 72 ultra low (29) compression Wilson Staff "Duo" golf balls to arrive. Can't play in this rain so I'll probably spend the afternoon installing new grips on two sets (twenty eight clubs), then head to the local charity thrift store and pick up another club or two so I can make up another "spare" set.

(Once you start, golf clubs are like guns....always something slightly different that I just HAVE to own. I probably own 30 ~ 35 wedges with lofts ranging from 45° ~ 65° and 18 or 20 putters).

And since I posted this, I bought two drivers, two three woods, and a 5 wood. Tracking # says my new M1 should be delivered in about two hours.

BTW fellow golfers, did you know that Birchwood Casey's gun bluing works just as well on golf clubs as it does on rifle barrels? I just did 6 of mine.

Name:  New Wedge 01.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  74.0 KB
    Last edited by CWB; 06-13-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    μολὼν λαβέ

The safety is on the frame where God and John Moses Browning intended. - Unknown
    Federal HST, when you care enough to send the very best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links