The benefits of a free education. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: The benefits of a free education.

Member #
    Liked
    34690 times
    It all depends what you consider free. I didn't buy my education but I do have a lot invested in it. I wish I could've acquired the knowledge and skills I have just by doin' somethin' as quick and easy as buyin' a Phd.
    Kinglens likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    34690 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    The mystery here......which side was the teacher and which is the student?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    The ignorance coming out of schools is scary.

I had a serious conversation with the chair of a state school on the West Coast. He felt insulted when I told him that his graduates in industrial engineering were pretty ignorant. I had four recent grads.

I had to train them in:

basic engineering

project management

report writing

direct support to operations

One of the grads was fired for sexually harassing a female engineering colleague. Another was fired for stealing cheap used furniture for the plant.

I also fired a West Point grad that I had inherited after I caught him buying aviary netting and using it on a parrot business at his home. I caught it reviewing a bill for facilities projects.

Not only did I run into ignorance on the West Coast, I found that several employees had no moral compass in their life.

it is sad how times are changing.

i terminated another contemporary from that engineering program who could not grasp project engineering. She was afraid of getting her hands dirty. She just couldn’t comprehend basic engineering. She was a lost cause.
    777Driver likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    813 times
    In the same company, two journeyman machinists in the tool and die shop were caught by a security guard taking parts out of the tool and die shop making jigs and dies for an outside company on second shift. Their supervisor who worked for me wasn’t aware that the second shift guys were doing that because he worked mainly first shift.

He and I attempted to terminate them for theft of company property. However HR overrode us because they were long term union employees. All I could do to them was a written reprimand.

I was happy to leave the West Coast and return to Texas later when I got a chance.
    777Driver and guethuti like this.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14126 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Kinglens likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It`s looks funny)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    In the same company, two journeyman machinists in the tool and die shop were caught by a security guard taking parts out of the tool and die shop making jigs and dies for an outside company on second shift. Their supervisor who worked for me wasn’t aware that the second shift guys were doing that because he worked mainly first shift.

He and I attempted to terminate them for theft of company property. However HR overrode us because they were long term union employees. All I could do to them was a written reprimand.

I was happy to leave the West Coast and return to Texas later when I got a chance.
    Hello man!
    Last edited by guethuti; 02-09-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post

How are you doing in Texas?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think free education is a cool thing. In a number of countries free higher education is already available: Argentina, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Scotland and Turkey. For the most part, they are paid at the expense of tax revenues and as for me it is right. At present, American universities are millionaires; they earn about $ 65 billion a year, which is enough to pay for the personnel, facilities and resources that they use today for training. This is just cosmic money. But, I think that if you study for free, you should do your best to live up to the expectation. There is an option that offering everyone a free education at a college / university, more and more people will get college / university qualifications and have access to a higher paying job. This will greatly enhance their skills in the future.
    I know the best college paper writing service, you just have to click here and you will find everything you need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links