Officer Shoots and Kills Speeder - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Officer Shoots and Kills Speeder

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    In Texas if its a Justified shooting, I don't think there can be a civil suit at least not with nongovernmental shooters (not cops). Maybe it's different where government (police) are concerned. Does anyone know if thats the case? Or am I mistaken on both accounts?
    Unfortunately in Texas the Families of Criminals sue and prevail in Court all the time, a couple of years back in Austin there was an incident where a gang of Thugs were Pistol whipping and robbing People,
    when they were located and approached by an Officer one pointed a Gun at Him and was shot and killed, His Family with the backing of the NAACP filed Suit and the City Council awarded them $700,000, so it appears that Crime pays in Texas.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    2460 times
    Im inclined to look at this like I would a squirrel. He ran out in front of a speeding car... Cop or not thats just stupid and natural selection takes over. He purposly put himself in her path and shot her. Bad shoot...
    G8R8U2 likes this.
    Gun control is like making it harder for sober people to own cars.
    ~Unknown

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
    ~Charles A. Beard

Member #
    Liked
    390 times
    He said he feared for his life because she was driving right at him. He put himself in jeopardy which IMO negates the "I feared for my life" defense. No matter how you look at this thing, it's a bad shoot.
    G8R8U2 likes this.
    The reason I own a gun is not because I'm a "gun enthusiast". It's because I'm a "not in favor of getting killed by a thug" enthusiast. Go figure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    She was fleeing the police before she got there, they were chasing her with lights and sirens, her boy friend on her cell phone was telling her to stop, witnesses confirmed the LEO told her to stop multiple times, and she was clearly warned to stop or he would shoot. From the info that has been given by all, including witnesses, I don't see the reason for debate.

She was an adult and responsible for her own decisions. She was aware of what was going to happen and she made her own choice.

The only thing I am wondering about is if she had multiple felony drug warrants out on her how did she get a job in a lawyers office?

Don

Let's look at it from a different (humorous) perspective for a moment....

1) Politicians are frequently (predominately?) lawyers
    2) Politicians are frequently referred to as "crooks" (and IMHO justifiably so)
    3) Lawyers are frequently referred to as crooks
    4) Drug users and sellers are crooks
    5) She was employed by a lawyer (probably a volunteer for Obama too?)
    6) birds of a feather....?
    gbusmech likes this.
    I believe in gun control! Starting with a firm 2 handed grip....

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21173 times
    I suppose I'm a tad off the subject, but I often thought that a couple of AP rounds through a vehicles engine block would turn the engine into a clanking, steaming hunk of scrap metal incapable of any kind of car chase or need for high speed pursuit. Or is there some sort of code that I never heard of that tells us not to kill cars?
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    1018 times
    She had already tried to kill the Cop, any force less than lethal could have cost Him His life and possibly the lives of anyone else She encountered afterward, I think it was a good shoot.
    Last edited by jspdrcrmach5; 04-19-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Old_Sp5 and Csa1861 like this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    36200 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbusmech View Post
    I suppose I'm a tad off the subject, but I often thought that a couple of AP rounds through a vehicles engine block would turn the engine into a clanking, steaming hunk of scrap metal incapable of any kind of car chase or need for high speed pursuit. Or is there some sort of code that I never heard of that tells us not to kill cars?
    Police don't carry armor piercing rounds, nor should they. I would be willing to bet that over-penetration would case more chaos than it would prevent.
    I don't know weather an ap round in a pistol caliber would penetrate an engine block. I do remember seeing tests that the. 357 mag, despite rumors, would not.
    Wolf1477 likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    Like the male witness stated at the end of the video..."all she had to do was stop"...there's a brake pedal on all vehicles.
    FZ1, Csa1861 and dfa24.7 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    The woman was in violation, she was ordered to stop and she refused. She was warned that if she refuses to stop, he would shoot her and she still refused. She then tried to run down the LEO. Total stupidity on her part. I hope heaven has a soft hearted place for stupid people.

Banned
    Member #
    Under the unconstitutional skies of Northern Colorado.
    Liked
    5802 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gbusmech View Post
    AP rounds from a 50-cal, maybe. Bus, you been watchin' too much A-Team lately?
    Csa1861 likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links