LGS has some shooting stuff back in stock!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By daytonaredeye
  • 1 Post By Wolf1477

Thread: LGS has some shooting stuff back in stock!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22240 times

LGS has some shooting stuff back in stock!

Made a browse stop to my LGS yesterday and, thank God, seemed to be back in bidness! Moderate amount of 22LR (CCI) on the shelves, but still no 9mm or 45ACP. They do have 40S&W but only hollow points (Hornady).

Had a couple of nice handguns on display - both a Beretta full size PX Storm in 9mm and a Beretta PX4 compact in 40S&W. I told the guy that I would have bought the 9mm right then and there if he had had some food for it on the shelves. Several handguns in 45ACP on display (and some NICE ones too) but, again, he didn't have any 45ACP ammo so he understands it might be difficult to sell these. For the record, I have 4 handguns in 45ACP already (and around 2000 rounds of 45ACP ammo on hand) which is why I didn't jump right on one of these.

He had a couple of ARs on display too but got him to admit that one of them, the 223/5.56, was his personal rifle and not for sale but just up there to "fill in some of the space". The other ARs were 22LR variants. I will probably get an upper for my current AR as they (my brand) do make uppers in 22LR but I just don't want to do that just right yet. I really think this whole anti-gun/anti-AR mania is gonna calm down and I will proceed then - may be 3, 4 or even 6-8 months but I can wait.

Anyway, was just nice to see the shelves filled with something other than dust! They even had 30 round AR MAGS (either Tapco or P-mags I think) on display - behind the counter instead of decorating the wall hangers like usual but - hey, they had them!
    darbo and Wolf1477 like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    17645 times
    I was amazed. Stopped at Wallyworld to get the last minute Easter stuff and couldn't resist taking a spin past the big kids' toy counter.

No .22 ammo (had just sold 4 cases apparently), but, they had a large amount of Tula (yich) and SD .45. Also had 2 ARs (with a hint of more in the back), both Colt .223/5.56...one was 1,013 and the other was 1,3somethin', and a couple/few S&W M&P .22s. No layaway though...only time they offer layaway is at Christmas time...darn it!
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Ok guys, very funny, bring back the Constitution now...

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

"Ignorance and arrogance are a lethal combination. Nowhere do we see that more clearly among writers and performers who pontificate as historians when they know nothing about history." -- Victor Davis Hanson

"It's your life, rise up and live it" -- Terry Goodkind

Member #
    Liked
    1191 times
    My local Academy Sports got a good shipment in today. I was able to score 200 rounds of .40. Had the guy behind me buy a box for me then went back a few hours later just hoping and my wife and I each bought another box.

hopefully this is a good sign.
    Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91370 View Post
    My local Academy Sports got a good shipment in today. I was able to score 200 rounds of .40. Had the guy behind me buy a box for me then went back a few hours later just hoping and my wife and I each bought another box.

hopefully this is a good sign.
    "There you go again" you hoarder you.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21255 times
    I went to Cabala's today they had 760, 748, HS-6, unique and primers! happy day....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links