Small Ears - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Small Ears

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32143 times
    I've doubled up inside before but usually I just wear one or the other.....the foam earplugs are so good that I've fallen asleep in them before with my grandson crying pretty loudly in the next room.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    4101 times
    I have a pair of custom molded silicone ear plugs the company provided through one of their safety programs. I had to go to hearing aid dispensing dealer to have them molded they have a cord to join them together so that you can take them out and let them hang around you neck when you don't need them. They work pretty well and they are cleanable.
    dfa24.7 likes this.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I named this thread considering the size of foamies vs muffs and wanted to ditch the muffs for smaller ear protection. I really wasn't expecting so many use both. Now I'm considering if I should be doubling up, although I really don't like foamies. I had Bell's Palsy last year and my right ear is still a little weird at times.
    Last edited by dfa24.7; 03-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4010 times
    Doubling up is the smart way to go. As mentioned in a previous post, look for decibel rating...higher the better. Keep your hearing.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Member #
    Liked
    25803 times
    I've doubled up from the start. I had one experience that took me back to earlier days as a Ramones fan. Been doubling up ever since and look for the highest DB block available. May look at electronics in the future but right now I feel well protected in the hearing dept. for a fair price!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    2565 times
    I usually don't double up, although it is a good idea. Both my wife and I prefer the multi-flange type earplugs over the foam. I find that
    not only do they work better for me, they are far more comfortable, easier to use, and last much longer. I can usually find the Peltors
    for about $6 at Wally World.

Attachment 52144
    The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who
    are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. ~ Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links