Gun-YES, Permit-YES, Bullets-Not so much... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Gun-YES, Permit-YES, Bullets-Not so much...

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus7 View Post
    If you have any specific questions, just post here and we'll do our best to help you learn.
    I keep telling my husband how much I love my new little forum group. I'm learning a lot and enjoying the heck out of the humor.
    PCS01 likes this.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I will say the wife and I enjoy shooting together....But she does realize the joy in the quiet without the kids and me....And I enjoy the same....It is our worry free time no one else, no bills, just her/me and the target sometimes even married couples need that degree of separation wheather its a day or just hours it frees the stress and anxiety.
    I've actually been planning on doing that. DH bowls 3 nights a week, is one of the coaches on a jr. bowling league (which my soon to be 16 y/o step son also participates) and he either bowls tournaments himself on occasion or transports his son and step brother to them. I figure I can hit the range on the way home some nights-and the range in Federal Way that happens to be on my way AND HAPPENS TO HAVE what seems to be a good and active WOMENS PROGRAM, so I'm all in. Just been a lot going on. Both of our jobs have been challenged by the current economic crisis, he had surgery while I still have insurance, then the 2 week home show stint for dh, just been on a roller coaster of events lately. Lol.

FIRST I have to CLEAN MY GUN and get the packing grease out of it. Like I said, I might have enough ammo to go for an hour, but that's it. So, it wasn't good planning when I timed this acquisition.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    ParadOx177,

I don't mind the novel-it's good information. I'm sure there are other newbies that will also benefit. I really appreciate the help I get on here and love interacting and reading the stories. The humor has caused me to spit on my screen a time or two-I love it. It was the grain ratings I wasn't understanding, so I really appreciate the information. The other stuff that preceded that is best described as "all the stuff I didn't even know I needed to know yet" Lol!
    PCS01 likes this.
    KIMMER

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfa24.7 View Post
    The humor has caused me to spit on my screen a time or two-I love it.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that has this kind of reaction. I love coming here to get my daily laughs. I end up with aching sides and tears in my eyes on a fairly regular basis!

The other stuff that preceded that is best described as "all the stuff I didn't even know I needed to know yet" Lol!
    I have learned more by reading here than I could have ever possibly imagined. Every day I seem to pick up at least a few new tidbits of info. There are some very knowledgeable members here. If you don't know something, just do a quick search and/or ask. You'll generally have your answer so quick it will make your head spin.

Welcome to the fold. Have fun and shoot safe.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9058 times
    Keep looking. I've noticed that .40 S&W and .45 ACP is becoming more common, so I grab a few boxes of each for the stash. However, prices for basic ammo for the range is about double in price anymore. My friend has a 9mm, so I latched onto some boxes for him at $21.99 a box. It is now $31.99/box of 50. I have a stash of .22 LR that I paid $4.95/brick for in the '80s & early '90s. I kept it in an air-tight can. I have it hidden. I suggest you learn to reload. You may need to.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    1197 times
    I've actually been planning on doing that. DH bowls 3 nights a week, is one of the coaches on a jr. bowling league (which my soon to be 16 y/o step son also participates) and he either bowls tournaments himself on occasion or transports his son and step brother to them. I figure I can hit the range on the way home some nights-and the range in Federal Way that happens to be on my way AND HAPPENS TO HAVE what seems to be a good and active WOMENS PROGRAM, so I'm all in. Just been a lot going on. Both of our jobs have been challenged by the current economic crisis, he had surgery while I still have insurance, then the 2 week home show stint for dh, just been on a roller coaster of events lately. Lol.

FIRST I have to CLEAN MY GUN and get the packing grease out of it. Like I said, I might have enough ammo to go for an hour, but that's it. So, it wasn't good planning when I timed this acquisition.
    So here's an idea..... A Girls Night Out. When the "other half"* goes bowling, take some lady friends and go shooting. I know that a few of the local ranges have "Ladies Nights". They offer specials of one sort or another. I know that one sponsors a Ladies League, too.

* Ladies are the "better half". Guys are the "other half"....... So I've been told.
    dfa24.7 likes this.
    PT-92
    PT-908
    M-96
    M-605

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drummin_man627 View Post
    So here's an idea..... A Girls Night Out. When the "other half"* goes bowling, take some lady friends and go shooting. I know that a few of the local ranges have "Ladies Nights". They offer specials of one sort or another. I know that one sponsors a Ladies League, too.

* Ladies are the "better half". Guys are the "other half"....... So I've been told.
    One of the places nearby does have a ladies program. I'm going to take a class with them soon as I can spare the extra money-it's like $150-I'm sure it's well worth it, just need to schedule it in.
    KIMMER

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    Look for a gun show, I went to one over the weekend for S&G and they had ammo by the truckload. All calibers. EBR were also plentiful.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4101 times
    You might check out some hardware stores too as they frequently carry firearms and ammo. A search on the Internet for FFL licensees in your state could also lead you to some one in your area that you may be unaware of also.

I seldom buy from Wally World as the local stores usually have some ammo and their prices are sometimes even lower than Wally World. The local hardware store almost always has a fair supply of ammo and their prices are only 2 or 3 bucks a box higher. I plan on picking up a couple of boxes of 45 ACP's tomorrow after I get done with my MRI since they give double points on Tuesdays which amounts to a 10% discount. I usually hoard my $5.00 coupons and use them when I buy ammo.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Good luck on the ammo and the MRI.
    KIMMER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links