What do you look for in a range bag? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: What do you look for in a range bag?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    just be sure what you buy has a hard bottom, nothing is worse than picking up you loaded range bag and having the bottom really SAG and look all ugly! i just bought a new large--19"x10" but now i have to go find a piece of masonite, etc to make a bottom. all it came with is a thin bottom that is not strong. dont the people who design these bags realize just how heavy pistols and a lot of AMMO are? i even may go look in the kitchen dept at wally world and look at plastic cutting boards. well ,that will be another adventure.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
    just be sure what you buy has a hard bottom, nothing is worse than picking up you loaded range bag and having the bottom really SAG and look all ugly! i just bought a new large--19"x10" but now i have to go find a piece of masonite, etc to make a bottom. all it came with is a thin bottom that is not strong. dont the people who design these bags realize just how heavy pistols and a lot of AMMO are? i even may go look in the kitchen dept at wally world and look at plastic cutting boards. well ,that will be another adventure.
    Bwahahahaaaha! I doubt the bag designers spend much time at the range. Your question made me think of women's bathrooms....I seriously doubt women designed how things are placed in the stall. Lol--sorry, just a pet peeve of mine...I couldn't help myself.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Member #
    Liked
    1726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfa24.7 View Post
    Bwahahahaaaha! I doubt the bag designers spend much time at the range. Your question made me think of women's bathrooms....I seriously doubt women designed how things are placed in the stall. Lol--sorry, just a pet peeve of mine...I couldn't help myself.
    Oh, you mean like how the paper roll holder is below the level you're sitting, so you're reaching way down, and then you've got to try to tear it at that angle?
    dfa24.7 likes this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I am a professional computer services contractor, which means I have a collection of "I used to use this" brief cases and laptop back packs hidden away. I have an older Belkin laptop back pack from the days when they were made sturdy. Multiple padded compartments, heavy zippers designed to be locked, and multiple carry points. Big and roomy. Carries everything I need (eyes, ears, gloves, rug, targets, tape/stapler, brass collection, cleaning kit). Computer bags are great range bags.
    dfa24.7 and Julz226 like this.
    "Our principles mean nothing until they are inconvenient." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TWParrish View Post
    I am a professional computer services contractor, which means I have a collection of "I used to use this" brief cases and laptop back packs hidden away. I have an older Belkin laptop back pack from the days when they were made sturdy. Multiple padded compartments, heavy zippers designed to be locked, and multiple carry points. Big and roomy. Carries everything I need (eyes, ears, gloves, rug, targets, tape/stapler, brass collection, cleaning kit). Computer bags are great range bags.
    Great idea!
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus7 View Post
    Oh, you mean like how the paper roll holder is below the level you're sitting, so you're reaching way down, and then you've got to try to tear it at that angle?

Yup! Like that...and more! Lol
    KIMMER

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    +1 on the midway USA bags. They are very well built and at a decent price. Very sturdy bottom and thick well stitched straps. It has many pockets and compartments mag holders etc. The compact version is good for 2-4 pistols plenty of ammo and gear. If you are looking for a smaller version for 1-2 pistols bulldog makes a compact range bag. Very similar to midway bag but smaller.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinglg36 View Post
    +1 on the midway USA bags. They are very well built and at a decent price. Very sturdy bottom and thick well stitched straps. It has many pockets and compartments mag holders etc. The compact version is good for 2-4 pistols plenty of ammo and gear. If you are looking for a smaller version for 1-2 pistols bulldog makes a compact range bag. Very similar to midway bag but smaller.
    I have a midway bag for 2 pistols. It also has one outside pocket with magazine holders. It's a perfect bag if I'm going to the range alone. Just enough room for all of my stuff. If my husband comes too (even if we only take two pistols) it's too small by the time we add his glasses and a little more ammo. I think the rule of bags is that we'll fill up any and all available space but I like restricting my bag. I am a woman and I love accessories but I don't need to bring five pairs of shooting glasses to the range!!! If I have room, I will though. Can't help it!
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3203 times
    one big enough for my wifes ego shes getting good with her 1911
    dfa24.7 likes this.

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Member #
    Liked
    469 times
    I look for diff places to store my earplugs, safety glasses, bullets and guns and I am good to go now if I can only find some more ammo.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links