What do you look for in a range bag? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: What do you look for in a range bag?

Member #
    Liked
    30000 times
    I look for ballistic nylon bags with "lots of pockets" to store guns, magazines, ammo, tools and cleaning supplies. Some of the one's made by "specality companys" can be rediculous in price.

I've found good deals on nylon "tool bags" ($10-$25) from Harbor Freight, Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot that aall work fine as range bags.
    dfa24.7 likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    359 times
    LA Police Gear has a nice one for$19.99 plus shipping. Roomy interior, lots of outside pocket storage with velcro flaps. Comes with handles that snap together and also a nice padded shoulder strap. I always carry at least 2 pistols with ammo and all my other shooting gear. I like it so much I ordered 3 more. One for me and one for each brother. Shipping is reasonable if you order more than one. Very durable. Check it out.They show pics inside and out from all angles. Mine is over 3 years old and gets used often. I don't think I can wear it out. Very good buy. Good by.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Very kewl-Thanks everyone! That gives me some places and brands to check out online. I really appreciate it.

As for using tool items, it seems to work...Hubby got a couple of nylon tool holsters for some sort of tool gun and screwed them into our safe. It holds them perfectly in place from one of the side walls inside the safe.

I saw some fancy ones from a sight someone recommended on another forum-some gals site and I can't rem...oh gun goddess was their logo perhaps. But they were really pricey-but really nice too.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    I use a smallish bag... GunMate Range Bag Nylon Black holds two guns and everything else, but it's full with ear muffs, ammo, stapler, mag loader, monocular. Durable bag and inexpensive. The main compartment is divided into three sections. One will hold all the ammo you're likely to shoot (400-500 rounds) One the ear muffs and rags and zip locks for brass. The third holds all the other accessories. There's two side pockets with removable padded inserts for the guns.

Amazon.com: pink range bag
    Plastic bags for brass...you must save your own brass and have a machine to make your own bullets then, right?
    glenwolde likes this.
    KIMMER

“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

“Any politician who won't trust you with the weapon of your choice, clearly cannot be trusted with the power he desires over your life.” -- -Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith

Member #
    Liked
    2410 times
    I use a Craftsman bag from Sears (used a nylon from Academy for years), it was on sale for around $12 and came with a smaller bag within. I can easily carry 3-4 handguns, ammo, eye and ear protection, cleaning supplies and small tools. Can get heavy when fully loaded.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    Join the NRA and get a free one, I turn mine down each year so maybe a newby can enjoy.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2412 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Join the NRA and get a free one, I turn mine down each year so maybe a newby can enjoy.
    Yes, a nice bag from NRA.

Wife and I use a ModGear Molle-404
    [I don't advocate using/buying from CTD after
    their recent anti 2A crap]
    but our bags came from them a couple of yrs ago,
    and still look new....with very much usage.
    Here's the info...and maybe found elsewhere, as it appears
    CTD has none available.....yet, the particulars :
    ModGear Black OPS Bag Black 16x10x11" Heavily Padded Lots of Pockets

Wife and I normally take 3-4 guns each to the range.....
    with 3-400 rounds ammo each, small cleaning kit, range rugs
    [micro-fiber towels 2/ea], eyes, ears, etc.....
    These are our current favorite choice.....and have had many....
    but these work...sorry, no pink OD, Tan, Black.
    16"x10"x11" and full of sturdy pockets......
    and similar to the above post with the Midway range bag in
    size, but not as many pockets.....

Price was very right !
    Use the CTD info....google it somewhere else if interested.
    Last edited by elPescador; 02-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22922 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfa24.7 View Post
    Plastic bags for brass...you must save your own brass and have a machine to make your own bullets then, right?
    Correct. The brass case is the most expensive part of the cartridge. They can be reloaded many times. In reality you don't spend any less money, you just shoot more because you can afford more ammo. I reload for .380, 9mm, and .38/.357.
    dfa24.7 likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    7958 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dfa24.7 View Post
    And go ahead and sort it at the range as you pick it up! You'll end up going through it again a couple times anyhow but there's no sense in making it harder. Think of it like sorting your change and putting the different coins into different containers when you pull it out of your pocket instead of when you decide to roll it. Have a separate bag for each caliber you are shooting that day and a few spares for when you find brass you can use that someone has left (if your range allows picking up brass that isn't your own). I use cloth bank style bags that I got back 20 years ago. Coffee cans work well, too. And revolver brass shouldn't hit the ground unless you are shooting on the move or some sort of action sequence. When you eject the empties, do it right into the bag if you are shooting from a bench. There's no sense in getting them all gritty and dirtier than necessary.

Now I'm nitpicking, so bear with me.

The 'bullet' is what comes out of the barrel. You can make bullets with a heat source hot enough to melt lead, a ladle and a mold. It's called casting. Reloading is taking the components (bullet, brass case, powder and primer) that make up a 'cartridge' or 'round' of ammunition and putting them together.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5533 times
    Mine is just a travel duffle bag with lots of pockets. Actually I have two bags, the smaller one has all the emergency items in it for quick retrieval should I need anything in it.
    dfa24.7 likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links