Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Taurus to buy Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster?

7K views 47 replies 33 participants last post by  mbogo 
#1 ·
#37 ·
Taurus is a well-managed company that makes firearms. Cerberus is an investor interested in a return on investment.

Taurus' purchase of Freedom Group (or any portion thereof) would be a good thing.

mbogo
P.S. As already mentioned by chicharrones, Soros was never involved in Cerberus. That was just another wild internet myth promulgated by fools,

#40 ·
I think there would definitely be a lot of potential if Taurus did follow threw. At the least; I don't see them doing much worse. I'm all for it.

#48 ·
The most disturbing quote from that article is "According to the St. Louis Post Dispatch, a month after Cerberus’s announcement, “Banks including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Credit Suisse Group AG and Barclays Plc declined to advise New York-based private-equity firm Cerberus on the sale and also won’t represent a potential buyer.

Of course, banks are whores, and if they smell a payday, they'll lift their skirts and climb onboard. :D

mbogo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.