Taurus to buy Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Taurus to buy Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster?

Member #
    Liked
    12325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomCosts View Post
    Taurus, a foreign company- what would we be thinking if a chinese company was thinking of buying American gun manufacturers? And, as a foreign entity, would they be more susceptible to govt pressure? I don't know, just askin'. I can hear obama saying 'we won't allow you to import Tauruses unless you agree to stop making xxxxx...'
    My thoughts exactly. But as long as the manufacturing facilities stay in this country, I'm okay with it. WWII was won largely on the strength of the U.S.'s manufacturing capability, and today that capability is severely eroded. As it pertains to weapons of war I think it's in our nations best interest to make our own bang sticks - be it for the civilian market or the military.
    Lance0812 likes this.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1397 times
    If the Feds ban them why would they want ot keep the companies in the usa. Move all the tooling and rights to Brazil.

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    I am a little concerned. If anyone around here remembers, one of the issues with Freedom Group (when they started buying up gun companies) was that George Soros was one of the primary investors. So I'm thinking what is the connection with Brazil? Well, the current president of Brazil is a huge fan of Hugo Chavez and has been moving the country in that direction recently. Then there is the deal that George Soros got Obama to give billions of dollars to Brazil for oil exploration. So I'm wondering if there is some ulterior motive for this move?
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    14755 times
    it definitely has the hairs on the back of my neck standing- as for manufacturing facilities all being in Brazil, that would make obama ecstatic, one import ban and he gets 3-4 gun manufacturers at once..?
    chicharrones and RKBA4LIFE like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Samuel Adams
    NRA LIFE MEMBER,NAGR,GOA- guns: TAURUS-G2, TCP 380; RUGER SR9 AND SR9C,GP100 .357,MINI-14; MARLIN 30-30 LEVER, MOSSBERG 18" PUMP, MOSSBERG AR 22LR

Member #
    Liked
    11222 times
    Then again, Taurus USA may be buying up capacity, just in case their company in Brazil gets nationalized. That is one way to get control of all the nation's guns, nationalize the entire gun industry.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I am a little concerned. If anyone around here remembers, one of the issues with Freedom Group (when they started buying up gun companies) was that George Soros was one of the primary investors.
    From the NRA. NRA-ILA | Rumor Control
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Taurus is a well-managed company that makes firearms. Cerberus is an investor interested in a return on investment.

Taurus' purchase of Freedom Group (or any portion thereof) would be a good thing.

mbogo
    P.S. As already mentioned by chicharrones, Soros was never involved in Cerberus. That was just another wild internet myth promulgated by fools,
    TXEric likes this.

KLo
    Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RKBA4LIFE View Post
    Im not sure how I feel about this. I live about 10 min. from Remington and would hate to see jobs lost over this. But that may not be the case.
    Not sure what if anything is produced in Remington in NC. I was always under the impression that ALL Remington & Marlin & New England & Bushmaster etc. were produced in Ilion, NY, about 1 mile from my home. I have toured the 1 million sq feet of space here and I can tell you all that Remington is running 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week right here in Ilion, NY. I know that Remington has corporate offices in NC but I thought that was all. RKBA4LIFE, have you been to Remington near you? if so, have you seen gun production?

On another note, I heard that Colt big shots were at Remington (in Ilion) yesterday and today. I appreciate you all wanting them to come to your state (kidding or not) but I can tell you they have been in Ilion since 1816 and if they leave, this area will be devastated. Not that Andrew Cuomo gives a sh&t. The old Remington homestead (Eliphat's house) is 1.6 miles from my house, on the same road as me. Here is some background:

Eliphalet Remington
    RKBA4LIFE likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    8331 times
    Sounds good to me, too.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I think there would definitely be a lot of potential if Taurus did follow threw. At the least; I don't see them doing much worse. I'm all for it.
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I'll kill you all."
    —Gen. James Mattis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links