What does the professional gun world have against taurus???
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: What does the professional gun world have against taurus???

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

What does the professional gun world have against taurus???

Ok here's my question, why is it that every gun tv show, guns and gear, guns and ammo, tac tv, gallery of guns, just to name a few, are always pushing smith and wessons, and glocks, it is like the general opinion is, smith and wesson , or glock, or ruger, or springfield, etc. What does the professional gun world have against taurus, even if taurus gets a spot on their show, it is extremely short, and not very detailed, I have owned smiths, and glocks, and ruger, and until I purchased a " Taurus judge" and 24/7 g2 taurus. I have never really had a handgun that I loved, but now I do, thoughts anyone?
    john_bud, Issues, Go4Soda and 5 others like this.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times
    It will be interesting to read the responses you will receive from some of our sage and wise handgun gurus.

IMHO, the Taurus line of handguns is woefully underrated in some firearms circles.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8350 times
    On all the Gun shows on the Outdoor channel like Shooting USA promotes them a whole lot and they do rather well in test against other guns.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8350 times
    You have to remember that the Mainstream Media and Holly wood knows only this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    My guess would be "Promotional consideration by" has a LOT to do with it. If Taurus advertised like the other big gun companies do, we would most likey
    see more of them

Just my thought

Doug

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    Spread the word brother.

Member #
    Liked
    1148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by peanut12ga View Post
    Ok here's my question, why is it that every gun tv show, guns and gear, guns and ammo, tac tv, gallery of guns, just to name a few, are always pushing smith and wessons, and glocks, it is like the general opinion is, smith and wesson , or glock, or ruger, or springfield, etc. What does the professional gun world have against taurus, even if taurus gets a spot on their show, it is extremely short, and not very detailed, I have owned smiths, and glocks, and ruger, and until I purchased a " Taurus judge" and 24/7 g2 taurus. I have never really had a handgun that I loved, but now I do, thoughts anyone?
    Public agencies hate Taurus. Akin to how government travellers tend to book the Presidents' Suite while on public business, so it is that public LE agencies favor $1000 Sigs. They need the expensive guns to , um, defend and protect the public.Order a lot of Taurus handguns? That might save the taxpayers' money, which is a dangerous trend to start.

Brand snobs hate them. The concept that a gun only shoots as good as its owner spells bad news for Kimber freaks who hit the range twice a year.

Gunsmiths hate them. They can't make any money on the broken guns,and there's no aftermarket to gouge anyone with. Just how can a gunny make a living when the guns don't break,they can't monkey with the few that do, and you can't stick overpriced parts in them at high margin?

Gun dealers don't care for them. How can they earn a living selling a $650 1911, when they can sell the same quality of gun for $1000 which cost them $500 from the distributor.

Funny, the only people who like Taurus guns are people who own and shoot them. Go figure.
    Here's a thought: what if Adam Lanzas mom had a CCW?

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."-James Thurber
    “Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”: Who watches the watchmen?-Juvenal

"Get out on the range! You can't call the weather for a gun fight! First relay on line!"-Jeff Cooper

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    8677 times
    People, whether professionals using guns, or making a TV show, are still people. They all have opinions. Many were brought up when Colt, S&W, and Ruger were literally all that you saw. European guns were usually surplus, and South American guns were objects of interest, in passing.

American LEOs are currently issued a LOT of Glocks, as they ARE cheap. Sig, having been issued for years to Elite groups like the Secret Service, SEALs, FBI, Delta, and SWAT, are, to some, the Holy Grail, especially now that they are American Made. Taurus, by leaving it's major lines in Brazil, are exempted from American Military, and many larger LEO Departments, due to having no local factory in the States. This hurts in public recognition.

The knee-jerk reaction to ANY new S&W introduction is a spate of magazine articles. Doesn't matter that it's been covered by another magazine, or not. I've actually seen quite a few Taurus models in print over the last couple of years, with routinely positive reviews.
    Ralph_Kirk and CaptainMorgan like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1091 times
    I can remember when a Savage was one of the "you don't really want to buy one of those" bottom of the ladder brands. Nowadays it seems that is no longer the case. My guess would be word of mouth and time proven weapons have influenced public perception and word of mouth has done the rest. I think that; as long as they maintain their willingness to stand behind their product, 5-10 years from now Taurus will be following that trend. It may even be sooner because Taurus has the advantage of the internet which spreads the word a lot faster. A lot of it is that people simply haven't heard of Taurus - IMHO the Judge and PT1911 are going to do a lot to change that. My advice, buy the Taurus products you want now because they will be worth more later. My next 1911 is going to be a Taurus.
    Army National Guard-1988-1990
    US Army Reserves-1990-1992
    US Army-1992-1998

NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    7408 times
    Will you people please be quiet!
    We got a good thing going here and you are ruining it!
    SHHH!

If more people buy them the price will go up and I wont be able to afford any.

I went to my LGS yesterday but they were closed. :-(
    Make a fast friend, adopt a Greyhound!

"Oh man. What kind of lefty hootenanny is this?" Dale Gribble.

One set of rules for the governed, another set of rules for the governing.

Signs Don't Stop Crimes.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links