taurus doesnt get enough recognition
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: taurus doesnt get enough recognition

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

taurus doesnt get enough recognition

I jumped head first into firearms about 10 months ago. After getting married I decided I needed to be able to protect my family from any and all threats. I've shot and owned guns before but its been years since that dreaded day my rent was stolen and I had to sell my collection! Anyway I'm a internet geek and a chronic researcher, which imo makes gun buying that much more fun. The problem was Taurus was never much of a topic in my searches and led me to purchase other guns, which in my opinion cost more and gave me less! First off I bought a kel tec pf9 for that "slim 9mm" to carry. Then I bought an lcp for my pocket. Well I hated the lcp, that trigger would have ended up giving me early arthritis in my finger and it was annoying to shoot on top of that! So through a series of trades I ended up with a Taurus m605 and it was love! Finally I've now handled a Taurus which led me to look at Taurus more often! I've since traded everything else and now I have a TCP .380 and the m605 and couldn't be happier with my guns. The TCP is FAR superior to the lcp and p3at and actually feels like a gun! My next purchase is a 709 slim.

Pointless story I know but I wanted to share my story with anyone considering a Taurus who might be a little sceptical. Don't listen to the geek behind the counter, Taurus is a major competitor and in most cases offers MORE for LESS! Let's also not forget that if you do get that dreaded lemon, that EVERY gun manufacturer can produce, Taurus will repair it, for FREE! I'm a Taurus fanboy and I hope other people give them a shot too. I'm tired of reading peoples silly comments about how a friend had a fte so Taurus sucks and blah blah. Try it for yourself. Guns aren't dangerous purchases financially, I've always traded UP on all my purchases.
    whodog, 20361, Qwiks draw and 6 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1245 times
    I think you got to the point pretty good... Thanks for sharing... I like these stories...

Member #
    Liked
    19235 times
    I will agree with you, the Taurus is a very under rated unappreciated firearm. However, I for one always liked the Taurus line. Over the last year plus I started culling out my collection of firearms. Now please understand that to cull is to remove the unwanted or undesirable of a group. A few of the guns I culled out were all of my Glocks, Springfield Armory XDs, a number of Ruger P series, Colt .375 stainless King Cobra as well as others. I do still have a few off brand pistols (Walther, Sig, Colt defender, Beretta), but I do keep adding more Taurus to my collection. And why not, they are great guns at value prices.
    As for being a financial investment...better than money in the bank. If the dollar were to do a total collapse, I would rather have a safe full of guns than worthless paper money to protect my family and belongings..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13419 times
    I've had a few FTE, but IMO ANY pistol will once in a while.
    I think it's 3 out of about 1000 rounds on my 24/7 Pro LS DS 9mm.
    And I really shouldn't count the first 2 as the gun was not yet broken in and would only work every time with 124gr.
    Now it works every time except for 1 time a couple days ago.
    Maybe my grip was wrong or something, but it tried to feed a round before the spent case was ejected and jammed.
    I dropped the mag and racked the slide and all was OK.

Last edited by 20361; 11-09-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    29535 times
    My "Taurus Rescue" service has been open for years.

I hear a lot of oftly repeated BS from Taurus nay sayers.

But none of which will take up my offer to "Rescue" their pesky Taurus.

They are well kept (or maybe not so) secret amongst "us girls"...
    sparks9293 and Lmstncwby like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31459 times
    I first got into firearms back in the early 90's and I really appreciated the fact that you could (and still can today) buy a Taurus gun for sometimes many hundreds of dollars less than a comparable gun from another maker (S&W). I didn't and still don't have a bunch of money to throw around, and having a company that makes a darned good product that you can trust your life with is a big deal to me.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33258 times
    I think you'll find, most of the folks here , think like you do, cotillion!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1300 times
    It's funny how for all their use in movies and television how rare it is that people recognize them. I know "Dirty Harry" is or at least should be a piece of Americana at this point, but everyone gets that Smith and Wesson .44 Magnum was the big gun, but nobody I question ever knows about the Taurus guns they see on the screen.
    It's a trick... Get an axe...

Member #
    Liked
    8582 times
    Great minds think alike! That's certainly true here. Wellllll maybe.

You've got us all behind you on this.

Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Yea your right, buy up as many of them as you can!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links