Taurus Problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Taurus Problems

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Taurus Problems

Was discussing this issue with a friend today. What are all those people doing that are having so many problems with Tauruses? I have three Taurus handguns that I have had for several years and I have had no problems. But I must admit that I don't throw them in the dirt and mud, don't pistol whip anybody with them, use them for hammers or prybars, or anything other than shooting. I also have the "bad" habit of cleaning my guns. They don't fail to feed, misfire, or fail to eject. Also, I have never had a problem with customer service, because I have never had to use them. I know several other Taurus owners, but none of them seem to have any problems either. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by KMAX; 07-20-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    btleslie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Have had up to 5 of them and the only problem I ever had with a Taurus was my rear adjustable sight fell off my PT101

Member #
    Liked
    6577 times
    I've never owned a new Taurus, only used. I've never had a problem, maybe they were problems corrected before I got them. I was told to never buy a used Taurus because someone traded it in because it had problems. My experience is just the opposite, I buy used all the time. Just got a used 327B2, nice gun, even if it is discontinued, but all my other Taurus guns are obsolete, I like that!!!!!
    RevolverFan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33537 times
    I broke two locking blocks in a PT92 over the years. Probably due to round count. New blocks replaced quickly without issue. Never had a problem with any of the others, other than keeping them well fed!
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
    Member #
    Liked
    25638 times
    FTEs can be caused by limp-wristing; FTF by dirty guns.
    The list could be longer, I'm sure, but the point is that many problems - and not limited to Taurus - can probably be traced back to the shooter.
    btleslie and StaminaRx like this.
    Always expect stupidity. You'll rarely be disappointed.

Member #
    Liked
    14974 times
    A little TLC can go a long way.
    stickem2 likes this.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Member #
    Liked
    27032 times
    I hate them sorry ol Taurus, i am going to stop buying them----One of these days!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    btleslie likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    14974 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I hate them sorry ol Taurus, i am going to stop buying them----One of these days!
    When you do I'll be glad to take any of these off your hands.
    Always remember to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle your targets
    Reduce them to shreds
    Reuse shoot them more than once
    Recycle whatever is left over

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupid is the refusal to do anything about it.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31666 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KMAX View Post
    Was discussing this issue with a friend today. What are all those people doing that are having so many problems with Tauruses? I have three Taurus handguns that I have had for several years and I have had no problems. But I must admit that I don't throw them in the dirt and mud, don't pistol whip anybody with them, use them for hammers or prybars, or anything other than shooting. I also have the "bad" habit of cleaning my guns. They don't fail to feed, misfire, or fail to eject. Also, I have never had a problem with customer service, because I have never had to use them. I know several other Taurus owners, but none of them seem to have any problems either. Am I doing something wrong?
    You need to do any one of the following, or even better, a combination of them:

- bring your Taurus home from the gun shop without inspecting it - its more fun that way
    - perform your own torture test on the gun by firing 5,000 rounds through it before you take it down to clean it
    - mess around with the trigger pull mechanism on your own, or with a gunsmith....preferably a shadetree gunsmith
    - duracote the gun where the gunk gets inside the innards of the gun
    - don't pay attention at the reloading table and slightly overcharge each round
    - drop your mags frequently - after all, thats what they do on TV

And I'm sure there are other things you could add to the list so that you too can be a Taurus complainer.
    btleslie and madjack like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    8677 times
    I think that some of the Taurus "problems" come from people who just want to cause trouble. The Internet is loaded with repeats of a single problem. The guy who came here about his used Taurus 94 not too long ago visited, and registered, on five other forums that I visit. Each time, his story got a little more refined. Since then, I've seen at least three references to it, but without a link.

There are also the usual gun snobs, to whom anything that costs less must "be less". Or the guys who just bought a gun, and when asked if they looked at Taurus for the same thing, only a couple of hundred dollars less, tell you that "they'd heard" that Taurus was bad. In actuality, they were an impulse buyer, and want to justify their purchase.
    StaminaRx likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links