I'm thinking about a Blackjack
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times

I'm thinking about a Blackjack

or some other less-than-lethal device.

I'm getting older and not up to defending myself with my fists, nor do I have the speed or endurance to run from an encounter.

But I sure don't want to give up my wallet, watch and cell-phone to a cuppla young punks who think an old man is easy prey; and it seems to me that lethal force is not called for in that instance. And, yes, I know that a blackjack or similar weapon CAN be lethal.
    If'n it ain't broke, then it don't need fixin'

Member #
    Liked
    2313 times

Re: I'm thinking about a Blackjack

Did Rottiejake's blackjack post get the wheels going on this one?
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    12324 times

I served with a guy in the army who had been an MP on his first enlistment. He swore by sap gloves - evidently a little lead in the palm really makes a difference. I knew him well and shared many holes in the ground with him, and I believed him when he told me he slapped a knife wielding individual with them one night in an EM club. Said it shifted his whole face over. I'm with you - getting too old to roll around on the ground with 'em. I think I'm going to stick with my .45 though.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

BANNED
    Member #
    Liked
    1499 times

I'll be willing to part with mine. For a hefty fee

If it could talk, it would be worth a million bucks

Member #
    Liked
    1153 times

Black jack, Brass knuckles, or a knife, Its still hand to hand combat.

psalm 23

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Under KY law, the sap, hard knuckles, knife, and such are covered under our concealed carry law, but only training is required on a firearm.

I have been looking at a hard wood cane, (I am 69) as a non lethal weapon that I could even take on the airplane with me. I do look like I need the cane, but really do not.

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    43 times

ASP collapsible baton is good too. Keep a decent lockblade knife clipped inside my left front pocket cuz I'm more than a lil bit ambidextrous.

Just because you are Paranoid, Does Not Mean The World Is Not A Big Bad Place.

You Don't Always Have To Go Looking For Bad Things To Happen, Some Times Bad Things Come Looking For You!

Everyone Has Choices In Life. Bad Guys Can Choose To Commit A Crime. You Can Choose To NOT Volunteer Be A Willing Easy Victim! Whomever Makes The Better Choices In Life Will Win!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8226 times

A cane can be a vary affective weapon I sometime use one when my legs bother me. I do carry a ASP ( a collapsible baton) when I'm out walking the dogs to defend against other dogs rooming around. And it works great. Better then pepper spray because that can come back at you if the wind is wrong. Not fun speaking from experience.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    4101 times

Check your state laws regarding Black Jacks, Saps, Slaps, loaded gloves, Brass knuckles, and night sticks.

When I had my CCW permit in Iowa it only covered fire arms if I remember correctly, all those other weapons were considered illegal.

When I was serving in the MP's we had several classes involving the use of the night stick, and there were several areas of the body that was "Off Limits" for its use and could get you court marshalled.
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Try this it will definitely put a someone in there place. http://www.pantherstunguns.com/zap-s...n-gun-800k.htm TGM
    "This will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links