Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Can’t even shoot my new gun

5K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  pegasus 
#1 ·
The ammo shortage is so bad in PA, can’t even practice shooting with my new G2C. A friend gave me a few hollow points to hold on to. And another gave me enough fmj to fill my mag. Incase I ever need it. Pretty sad bout it though. I wanna shoot this puppy

#39 ·
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I'm not believing that it will be that bleak. We've seen this before, particularly the Sandy Hood and Parkland incidents which resulted in a large spike in new gun purchases which largely cause this run on ammo. Now we have the Chinese virus and violent demonstrations causing the same thing. The manufacturers are ramping up production because that's what they do for money and they like money. It's also creating jobs BTW.

Two things will happen. The supply chain will fill up and the urge to buy guns and ammo will subside. At this point, supply will outstrip demand and prices will fall to the level or close to it that we saw in early 2020.

I'm only happy that I didn't have to resort to buying Wolf primers again.

Reactions: olfarhors
#38 ·
If you can, check the big box stores (Cabelas, Bass Pro, Field & Stream, Rural King, etc.) frequently and early in the morning. In the last 2-3 weeks I have found 9mm, .380, 38spl, .357, and .223 all at reasonable prices. Reasonable for the times, that is...prices ranged from $0.34-0.50 per round for most of those calibers.

Local Gun Stores in my area have had ammo, but in lower quantities and higher prices, as much as $1.00 per round for 9mm.

The big box stores here are typically limiting 2 boxes per SKU per customer per day.

#40 ·
The thing about the current ammo situation that amazes me is that, while I get there is a run on 9mm and other popular pistol ammo, my local big box sporting goods store has also suddenly sold out all their other pistol ammo as well. Are there a lot of people out there expecting to shoot rioters and looters with 8mm Nambu or 7.62 Nagant pistols?

#41 ·
well just speculating here but i would imagine that the odd calibers disappearing is just due to the manufactures NOT producing them for an extended time as well as not being an over abundance to begin with.
I don't see a production manager telling the guys hey lets change over and run 100,000 rounds of 45 gap right now?
I think most ammo manufactures are producing the high demand calibers now trying to keep up.

Reactions: Kruzn
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.