Liked
    10 times

Outdoor Sporting Products Store

Has anyone ever purchased anything online from:
    Outdoor Sporting Products
    3050 Five Forks Trickum Rd. Suite D605
    Lilburn, GA 30047
    Phone: 404-512-5509
    I was looking for a scope mount for my Taurus hand gun and found it on their site. I ordered it and they took the money out of my bank account the next day, that was on 07/25/2020. I have not received the item or any communication from them . I have called several times and always get their answering machine which started today stating it is full and now has me send an SMS notification. Anyone on here from the Atlanta area know anything about them, or am I just out my $50.00+?
    Thanks for any help you can give

Member #
    Liked
    5324 times
    "...and they took the money out of my bank account the next day,"

Caveat emptor. Using a credit card you can always dispute the charge and get your money back. Bank accounts, debit cards and checks, probably not.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    28643 times
    I have never heard of them, course Now i am on the opposite side of Atlanta from Lilburn.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Part of the reason for my post is to alert others to the problem because they list as available scope mounts that are no longer available for the tracker line of revolvers. The one I ordered is now listed as out of stock but they have some listed for other models. I had checked the internet to see if there were problems listed for the store and found none and they supposedly have a actual store and it shows up on Google maps. I have been around the block several times so I don't dive in before I check how deep the water is. It appears that this time there was a shifting bottom and a very well set up ghost program I just wonder how many others have been caught?

Member #
    Liked
    4505 times
    You may have well been taken for a ride, but don't forget, many stores (not just gun stores) are swamped and/or low on workers. They actually could be legitimate, but way behind.

I ordered a PT58HC magazine online several months ago from a real store. They showed they were in stock (which I found hard to believe) and their system let me put it in the shopping cart and pay for it. After hearing nothing for about 5 days, they refunded my money and sent an email that they were not in stock. A couple of days later, you couldn't put it in their shopping cart any more.

Hopefully you're not out--just slowed down.

Try this...use Google Maps to do a street view and find a business that is in the same storefront or across the street. Call them and ask for your business and when they say you have the wrong number, start asking questions like do I have the right address, etc. Maybe they will leak information like they know the owner or they've seen lots of activity there. Hey, it's worth a try.
    wwworth likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    No other communication from the store but they just refunded my money. I would have thought they would have sent a quick response to my e-mail or phone calls. Guess they are legit.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7217 times
    Glad you at least got your moneyback.
    Rotorflyr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    671 times
    If you're still looking, I'd check e-bay and/or gunbroker (do due diligence on sellers reps before purchasing)
    wwworth likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I tried several more searches and finally it came up with MidwayUSA hand some and mine is on its way. MidwayUSA is a great place to shop for firearms items, I always check several places before I buy and I most often return to them,. What I found was a Taurus scope mount for Model 608/44 blued with 8-3/8" barrel.After some research I believe it will work on my model 692. when I get it and know for sure I will let you-all know
    Last edited by wwworth; 08-07-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Rotorflyr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Rotorfylr, Thanks E-bay had a blue and a stainless, but they were on auction and I found one at MidwayUSA.
    Last edited by wwworth; 08-07-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links