Does Remington have a future?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Does Remington have a future?

Member #
    Liked
    33 times

Does Remington have a future?

Remington announced that its filing for bankruptcy. What exactly does that mean? Are they going out of business entirely? I feel I’ve heard of businesses that file for bankruptcy but continue to exist after the fact, but I always thought bankruptcy meant you were done as a company. If they do go out of business, what does it mean for any Remington firearms in stores? Will they go on sale (assuming any stores currently have any). What about their ammo availability? Hard to believe they are having financial difficulties during the biggest gun sales rush in history.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33839 times
    How can a company that has to be making money hand over fist from gun sales, ammunition sales, and component sales, be filing bankruptcy? If you're having trouble with keeping yourself afloat in a northern city, then MOVE ! There are plenty of states south of the Mason-Dixon line that would love to have your factory there.
    WoodyUSSLUCE and A45ACP like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2098 times
    I don't know. Bad management? Who is controlling the company? Rich liberals have been buying up things to control subvertly ,to "engineer" what they can't do openly. Their evil has no bounds. Liars and deceivers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18399 times
    Actually Remington filed bankruptcy because of the Sandy Hook lawsuit. They were able to block it for a few years, but finally lost in court. The Navajo tribe was considering buying Remi and their subsidiary companies, but I haven't heard anymore about that.
    Desperado likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    35685 times
    They really haven't done much innovation, and when they did it didn't go so well recently. Add to that debt as well as legal, tax, and environmental costs and I can see why they are going under.

The Navajo Nation even paused a bit. They are still doing due diligence but are saying they need to take a deeper look.
    Desperado and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1832 times
    I don't care that much about Remington but I hope Marlin can recover from being handled by Remington.
    BigBlue, Stroker and lbv361 like this.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Ben Frankin-

Member #
    Liked
    8725 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    How can a company that has to be making money hand over fist from gun sales, ammunition sales, and component sales, be filing bankruptcy? If you're having trouble with keeping yourself afloat in a northern city, then MOVE ! There are plenty of states south of the Mason-Dixon line that would love to have your factory there.
    They were owned by Cerberus. They did the corporate raider thing and ran the place into the ground. There's an article floating around the internet that explains exactly what they did and how.

Basically, they got all the cash out that they could early on and then had Remington borrow more to operate with a reduced manufacturing staff with a LOT of part timers (hence, the drastic drop in QC we've seen in the last couple of years).
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    I believe the bankruptcy thing is a Chapter 11 and a company has worked out some sort of reduction or elimination of debt and payments to creditors and can still stay in business. That's my simple understanding of it anyway.
    BigBlue, olfarhors and MoKen like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Actually Remington filed bankruptcy because of the Sandy Hook lawsuit. They were able to block it for a few years, but finally lost in court. The Navajo tribe was considering buying Remi and their subsidiary companies, but I haven't heard anymore about that.
    I read somewhere that it turns out the Navajo Nation doesn't have the proper licensing to sell and all that Federal junk. I suppose they could sell inside their boundaries but not outside so they took a step back. That's kind of what I got from it anyway.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    30205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MoKen View Post
    I don't care that much about Remington but I hope Marlin can recover from being handled by Remington.
    After their initial fiasco of a handover, Remington has actually done a good job with recent Marlin rifles. I still prefer older JM marked Marlins, but I have a few newer ones made last year, a .30-30, .44 mag. and a .444, and they are smooth functioning, accurate rifles. I would hate to see Marlin get pulled under by a failing Remington.
    darbo, CJS3 and MoKen like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links