Does Remington have a future? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Does Remington have a future?

Member #
    Liked
    1173 times
    I can't believe the courts have failed and are allowing them to be sued for someone using their product in an illegal fashion. the precedent is chilling

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46697 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hughewil View Post
    I can't believe the courts have failed and are allowing them to be sued for someone using their product in an illegal fashion. the precedent is chilling

Who's next after this ..automakers? Breweries, distilleries? Pharmaceutical companies? All of the above...
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    35259 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Who's next after this ..automakers? Breweries, distilleries? Pharmaceutical companies?
    Aaaaand, that's a big part of why medical care is so expensive in the US. Shame Obama didn't fix that actual problem. And it's a shame Paul Ryan kept congress from working with President Trump to fix it.
    Desperado and TexasAviator like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35685 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Aaaaand, that's a big part of why medical care is so expensive in the US. Shame Obama didn't fix that actual problem. And it's a shame Paul Ryan kept congress from working with President Trump to fix it.
    If we want to bring the price of just about everything down in this country the single best thing we can do is enact judiciary and tort reform.

Texas did that years ago, to a limited degree, when it came to the medical industry and it has helped us quite a bit it drastically reduced the cost of malpractice and took us to the bottom of the list when compared to other states in terms of payouts. If a doctor royally screws up he can still be sued and patients can collect, but there is a cap on punitive damages.
    olfarhors and NativeTexan like this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I wonder how AAC will end up.
    Last edited by Bullish; 08-05-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    33007 times
    Well, I ain't selling my stainless .308 M7 NOR my 60 year old M722 in .257 Roberts.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    65 times

bankruptcy... type

Quote Originally Posted by Rick 76 View Post
    Remington announced that its filing for bankruptcy. What exactly does that mean? Are they going out of business entirely? I feel I’ve heard of businesses that file for bankruptcy but continue to exist after the fact, but I always thought bankruptcy meant you were done as a company. If they do go out of business, what does it mean for any Remington firearms in stores? Will they go on sale (assuming any stores currently have any). What about their ammo availability? Hard to believe they are having financial difficulties during the biggest gun sales rush in history.
    In Chapter 11, in most instances the debtor remains in control of its business operations as a debtor in possession, and is subject to the oversight and jurisdiction of the court.[3]
    A Chapter 11 bankruptcy will result in one of three outcomes for the debtor: reorganization, conversion to Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or dismissal.[4] In order for a chapter 11 debtor to reorganize, the debtor must file (and the court must confirm) a plan of reorganization. In effect, the plan is a compromise between the major stakeholders in the case, including the debtor and its creditors.[5] Most chapter 11 cases aim to confirm a plan, but that may not always be possible.

Remington has debt.. law suits (expense-huge) not enough income. Chap 11 provides reorganization of debt,, or may go to liquidation (Ch 7). One of the Tribes is negotiating to purchase Remington.. maybe...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links