Does Remington have a future? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Does Remington have a future?

Member #
    Liked
    424 times
    Probably not going to turn out good. If they get sold the buyer will need deep pockets to get back into the black.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    8484 times
    The optimist in me wants to say maybe.
    The realist in me has seen the writing on the wall with Cerberus control, and says Remington has an EXTREMELY difficult path to solvency.
    Then again, there may be a better chance then I think, but it will be difficult at best. The last 5 to 10 years have not been kind to Remington.
    jtg452 likes this.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    34843 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 76 View Post
    Remington announced that its filing for bankruptcy. What exactly does that mean? Are they going out of business entirely? I feel I’ve heard of businesses that file for bankruptcy but continue to exist after the fact, but I always thought bankruptcy meant you were done as a company.
    Colt has filed bankruptcy before.

Chrysler has filed bankruptcy.

Gibson has filed bankruptcy.

It definitely doesn't mean the absolute end. And I say that as someone who has a 2004 Triumph, a 2018 Indian, and a pair of Mini Coopers...
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46015 times
    and I was very attracted to the R-51.

Bankruptcy is re-organization, voiding debt (suppliers, real estate) and escaping contractual obligations and not sure about legal obligation like lawsuit judgments. A judge typically divvies up the assets and valuable properties like the Marlin brand could be sold off to other buyers. Seems to me that the Native American tribe should be able to surmount licensing and other legal hurdles if they are motivated enough.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    7994 times
    You know the indians can't have guns....the govt took care of that hundreds of years ago.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Colt has filed bankruptcy before.

Chrysler has filed bankruptcy.

Gibson has filed bankruptcy.

It definitely doesn't mean the absolute end. And I say that as someone who has a 2004 Triumph, a 2018 Indian, and a pair of Mini Coopers...
    The mini cooper is a BMW. The original Indian and Triumph are in name only. They have NO connection to the original companies and the products' designs, fortunately, bare no similarity to the originals. The previous brand trademark owners just sold the trademarks to the new owners. Indian even marketed S&S engined bikes as Indian until they got their own designs, as I've read anyway.
    jtg452 likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
    You know the indians can't have guns....the govt took care of that hundreds of years ago.
    Racist.

olfarhors likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

cnj
    Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    Does Remington have a future? I think they do..........they make some of the best shavers I have ever used.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    Rossi R98 Plinker 6" barrel
    Taurus G2S Brown/Black
    A few others

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29543 times
    I still think it was a darn shame that they had to gobble up H&R/NEF only to shut them down.
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    8500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    The mini cooper is a BMW. The original Indian and Triumph are in name only. They have NO connection to the original companies and the products' designs, fortunately, bare no similarity to the originals. The previous brand trademark owners just sold the trademarks to the new owners. Indian even marketed S&S engined bikes as Indian until they got their own designs, as I've read anyway.
    So, Indian and Triumph are like Henry Arms!

The only thing historical about Henry Arms is the name.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links