So, which pattern do you train for?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: So, which pattern do you train for?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23693 times

So, which pattern do you train for?

Various silhouette targeting patterns. Which describes you?

Name:  B6F23168-B390-4CE2-9CA0-94645F78A63C.jpeg
Views: 74
Size:  1.66 MB
    kschilk, dogchild, tda271 and 8 others like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    36034 times
    Sniper.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Machinegunner obviously (having 12 years experience at it) but you're missing his five buddies that look like that too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35506 times
    The rifleman theory for me. After two shots center mass, one to the head. If still standing.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1861 times
    Three pattern/theory ? Its all in how one sees things. While there are only three pictures it doesn't mean you only see one of three types listed. "rorschach inkblot"
    I see ex wife, hunting for food, hunting varmints.

Member #
    Liked
    295 times
    All three

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    tobywan45 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8484 times
    None of the above.
    I was taught the late Bill Jordan's "shoot the belt buckle" theory with regard to human attackers that if you shatter the sacrum, you incapacitate the potential attacker. Also, the hip/pelvis area is the least likely area to move quickly when you draw your firearm, along with keeping the attackers arms in view.
    I was also taught that knowing something about anatomy, and where to place your shot relative to the positioning of your attacker to hit vital organs, can come in handy.
    Electing Joe Biden as President will be similar to going bear hunting at night with just a pair of chop sticks and a lit candle. You know it is a bad idea from the outset, you can not defend yourself, you are ill prepared for what can and maybe will happen, and you question why you even thought it would be a good idea in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    34843 times
    This reminds me of a range day when I was on M-1 Abrams tanks. One of the gunners targeting a "squad of infantry" forgot to flip the switch to change from main gun to the coaxial machine gun. He thought he was aiming the machine gun, so he put the reticle right on the center of one of the silhouettes. Result? A 120mm hole, perfectly centered on the silhouette. They had to shut the range down to go replace the target. The gunner was pumped, the rest of us thought it was a riot.... the range personnel were just grumpy about it.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    None of the above.
    I was taught the late Bill Jordan's "shoot the belt buckle" theory with regard to human attackers that if you shatter the sacrum, you incapacitate the potential attacker. Also, the hip/pelvis area is the least likely area to move quickly when you draw your firearm, along with keeping the attackers arms in view.
    I was also taught that knowing something about anatomy, and where to place your shot relative to the positioning of your attacker to hit vital organs, can come in handy.
    Ah, I finally understand why so many youts wear their waste-band around their thighs. Their belt buckle would be between their thighs and when you shot at them, it would go straight through nothing. It must be a survival technique. I just thought they were prison-glorifying idiots, but they are clever!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    Rifleman for me. I read in a book somewhere, two to the chest, one to the head, leaves the perp, dead dead dead. Or something like that.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links