Extended Capacity Pistol Magazines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Extended Capacity Pistol Magazines

Member #
    Liked
    522 times

Extended Capacity Pistol Magazines

I have a short list of things to buy before November before they disappear one of which are extended capacity pistol magazines. I have been looking at magazines made by KCI, ETS, Magpul, and a few others for Glock and possibly S&W M & P. I am talking about the 20 - 30+ styles. For every positive review I find online I can also find someone saying they are junk.

Does anyone have experience with extended capacity magazines? Are they junk or no? I know Glock makes an extended capacity factory mag. but I am not ready to pay that price just yet.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7090 times
    The only Glock magazines that I have found that are as dependable as Glock handguns are those made by Glock and ETS. I understand price being important but when a magazine messes the bed just when you need it the most you will most likely not be wishing you bought a cheaper one.

If you have to buy cheap mags use them on the range and buy a few good ones for personal protection (HD, SD, and what you keep in your car/truck).

Even now, buying quality mags, you have at least 4 months 'til November, if you buy just 2 quality mags a month you will have eight high cap mags you can depend on. That will give you 240 rounds, almost 5 boxes of ammunition, to fall back on.

Also be careful about buying mags on e-bay or as police turn ins. Makes no sense to save a couple bucks on magazines if it turns out you have to buy new springs to put in them.

Good luck in your search!

Don
    Tracker627 likes this.
    Are we the only country dumb enough to start a second civil war because we are offended by the first one?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4206 times
    I have one of the 10-round magazines (Promag) for the TCP 738. It took some breaking in, but it works well after some use.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    12480 times
    ETS has always worked for me as a cheap alternative.
    BangBang and Tracker627 like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    241 times
    I've never had good luck with extended mags or non-OEM mags, so I usually try to avoid them.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    556 times
    Mag Pul or Mec Gar top of line and recommend..... them Pro Mags Not so much.
    jtg452 and Tracker627 like this.
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    The only Glock magazines that I have found that are as dependable as Glock handguns are those made by Glock and ETS. I understand price being important but when a magazine messes the bed just when you need it the most you will most likely not be wishing you bought a cheaper one.

If you have to buy cheap mags use them on the range and buy a few good ones for personal protection (HD, SD, and what you keep in your car/truck).

Even now, buying quality mags, you have at least 4 months 'til November, if you buy just 2 quality mags a month you will have eight high cap mags you can depend on. That will give you 240 rounds, almost 5 boxes of ammunition, to fall back on.

Also be careful about buying mags on e-bay or as police turn ins. Makes no sense to save a couple bucks on magazines if it turns out you have to buy new springs to put in them.

Good luck in your search!

Don
    Completely agree about spending money where it counts. My Glock carry mags. are all Glock Factory. I also have some Magpul and Amend 2 for range work. I could see having one or two larger capacity mags. for my Get Home Bag but I would need to know they are reliable.

I don't want to go gangsta either, just working through what could potentially be banned and how bad I want/need anything.
    BangBang likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2761 times
    MagPul makes great Glock mags. Don't know if they have big ones.
    Tracker627 likes this.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1936 times
    How about one of these..

Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    I hope we’re just unduly concerned. I’ve pretty much started buying pump and bolt action rifles and revolvers. All anticipating the end of semi-autos. Hope I’m worried about what won’t happen.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tracker627 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links