Good shoot or bad.......
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Good shoot or bad.......

Member #
    Liked
    5842 times

Good shoot or bad.......

After shooting the perp in the house shooter pursued the perp running down the street, got in a fight with the perp, then shot the perp multiple times, killing him.

I think pursuing the perp and then killing him is going to cause the shooter problems especially if the perp was then unarmed. What say you?

https://abc11.com/fayetteville-resid...spect/6280697/
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    7038 times
    I think the shooter is in real trouble. That is based on what was posted.
    CaptainMorgan and Taurus1965 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9458 times
    As an armed citizen, you shoot until the threat is mitigated. You do not escalate the situation. It would appear in this case, the shooter ignored both. I think he's in trouble.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    As an armed citizen, you shoot until the threat is mitigated. You do not escalate the situation. It would appear in this case, the shooter ignored both. I think he's in trouble.
    And you don't get to be the aggressor.

The perp broke contact. End of confrontation. The pursuit and reengagement makes the shooter the aggressor in the new confrontation. The shooter went from reacting to an attack to pursuing and initiating the second act. By doing so, he swapped roles with the perp.
    Last edited by jtg452; 06-29-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    35475 times
    I'm not so sure it is bad. You can try and recover your property in Texas, not sure how that is in NC. If the guy did have some of their property would it change things in NC?
    Old_Sp5 likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    1747 times
    I haven't and not going to read this. If contact was never broke, good shoot just as on his property.

Member #
    Liked
    1496 times
    If this was in California, the shooter would already be tried, convicted, and executed.
    If this was in Texas, the shooter would have been given a medal, and a reward (except in Austin).
    Since this was in North Carolina, it could go either way.
    Personally, I would not have pursued him out of my house; nor would I have missed him when he was in my house.

Member #
    Liked
    28223 times
    Personally I would have called the Councellors or social workers at 911 and had them come out and handle the situation about the one that got away!
    let them confront him and see IF he had a gun.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3903 times
    Of course some liberal prosecutor may say he was an aggressor, but there is nothing wrong with chasing someone who stole your property. If he turns on you, then he is the aggressor and you can defend yourself if you feel your life is in danger.

Put me on the jury.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1549 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    If this was in California, the shooter would already be tried, convicted, and executed.
    If this was in Texas, the shooter would have been given a medal, and a reward (except in Austin).
    Since this was in North Carolina, it could go either way.
    Personally, I would not have pursued him out of my house; nor would I have missed him when he was in my house.
    And if it had been in England the Government would have already announced a ban on ALL firearms, shotguns, BB guns, cap guns, nail guns, air guns, catapults and any hose attachment that resembled a gun saying the ban is in our own best interests. And there would be no compensation paid to owners of legally held firearms or shotguns.

Newspapers would be running stories about the demise of AR and AK type 'assault weapons' - missing the vital point that they were banned in 1989..!!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links