Castle Doctrine Vs Police No-Knock - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Castle Doctrine Vs Police No-Knock

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    No knock seems dangerous and feels Un-American. I've read of times they mess up and hit the wrong house. Then, I, the innocent homeowner gets shot for defending my house. I understand the reason for not giving warning but the process should be well defined. POLICE at 70DB at the same time the battering ram takes down the door and then another 3 times after.

Judges should be very careful about giving them. Some criteria should be met.
    Desperado likes this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    When I worked 3rd (graveyard shift) I instructed my wife that any sort of forced entry was to be met with deadly force period. Our sons were instructed that a phone call was required BEFORE showing up after hours to avoid any accidents. The same rules apply today as then. No knock IS NOT policing! It is forced entry in a violent and riotous manner which would be met with deadly force in this household. PERIOD
    Desperado likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Drug raids should be sanely run, and most aren't, IMHO. We had a local one here a few years ago that was so over the top ridiculous, the city could hardly wait to settle with the homeowner after it went down.

What drugs did they find? Two, repeat TWO pot plants. Used by the woman who lived there for her MS. What did they expect to find? A major pot growing operation. Why? Because of the high electric use in 2 previous months. Turned out that the husband and son had a couple of welders in the garage they used for some sort of small business making something. All the welding jacked up the bills. Now, the police could have, and IMHO, should have, simply knocked on the door and said they had a warrant to search, but instead, they had the SWAT team break down the front and back doors, hold all three people who lived there at gunpoint, scaring the hell out of them, and then proceeding to pretty much destroy the house, searching for whatever. Oh, and they nearly shot their dog too. They tore kitchen cabinets off the walls, hammered holes into almost every single wall in the house, tore the paneling off the wall in the dining room, and even tore some of the floor out. All for two plants. The woman pled guilty and got probation, and the city very quietly and quickly settled with them after the damage, and their "Score" was shown on TV several times a day for about a week. I don't think they have used the SWAT team since then. That little mess cost the city about $75K all total.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    25911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Memiram View Post
    Drug raids should be sanely run, and most aren't, IMHO. We had a local one here a few years ago that was so over the top ridiculous, the city could hardly wait to settle with the homeowner after it went down.

What drugs did they find? Two, repeat TWO pot plants. Used by the woman who lived there for her MS. What did they expect to find? A major pot growing operation. Why? Because of the high electric use in 2 previous months. Turned out that the husband and son had a couple of welders in the garage they used for some sort of small business making something. All the welding jacked up the bills. Now, the police could have, and IMHO, should have, simply knocked on the door and said they had a warrant to search, but instead, they had the SWAT team break down the front and back doors, hold all three people who lived there at gunpoint, scaring the hell out of them, and then proceeding to pretty much destroy the house, searching for whatever. Oh, and they nearly shot their dog too. They tore kitchen cabinets off the walls, hammered holes into almost every single wall in the house, tore the paneling off the wall in the dining room, and even tore some of the floor out. All for two plants. The woman pled guilty and got probation, and the city very quietly and quickly settled with them after the damage, and their "Score" was shown on TV several times a day for about a week. I don't think they have used the SWAT team since then. That little mess cost the city about $75K all total.
    Why does the police have any business knowing about anyone's electric use?

Do they have a warrant to get this information?

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    I am completely against no knock warrants. I do not see a need for them. There are ways to get people to leave a house if needed. Cut the power, cut the gas, cut the water. Make sure the utility companies have a script to why it was cut off.

If the police ever come busting into my house I will be shooting and most likely will get shot myself.

I had an officer knock on my door one time, clearly stated he was police. I called 911 and verified police were at my door before I opened it. Police office was not amused, I told him no reason for police to be knocking on my door, could have easily been a home invasion. He did not know how to respond.

My general thoughts on no knocks and unidentitied armed mersonnel

Having a sudden influx of probably strangers and likely at many points of egress weigh everyone yelling, you trying to listen and keep your head about you. Add to that, the no knock , no announcement and no uniform for LEO AND ALL YOU HAVE is your wits. It is such a bad idea all the way around and hopefully become a tool of the past.
    Fishinkeylargo and Desperado like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    3846 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post

My general thoughts on no knocks and unidentitied armed mersonnel

Having a sudden influx of probably strangers and likely at many points of egress weigh everyone yelling, you trying to listen and keep your head about you. Add to that, the no knock , no announcement and no uniform for LEO AND ALL YOU HAVE is your wits. It is such a bad idea all the way around and hopefully become a tool of the past.
    We have to get back to that basic question Colion Noir asked:

If no innocent lives are at immediately at stake, is it even necessary--ever--to risk harming innocent lives?
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    Too many cops watching too many movies, getting too much tactikool equipment, getting too much SWAT training and then looking for ways to use it
    While I agree with most things said in this thread, I believe a lot of people have missed the underlying cause of so many of these 'raids.' Towns, municipalities, counties, states spend an awful of money on SWAT equipment and training. Many places, in order to justify that expense, us the teams as often as possible. They are rarely, rarely needed.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    If you want the money out of politics take the power out of government.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    35310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Reeser View Post
    While I agree with most things said in this thread, I believe a lot of people have missed the underlying cause of so many of these 'raids.' Towns, municipalities, counties, states spend an awful of money on SWAT equipment and training. Many places, in order to justify that expense, us the teams as often as possible. They are rarely, rarely needed.
    My thoughts exactly. There is a need for these teams, and frequent use falsely does justify them on paper, which ensures more grant monies for entities involved.
    230JHP and Desperado like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    Common sense, if You are conducting a drug raid shut off the water first, there is a meter in front of the House and they get one flush to get rid of the evidence after that there is no reason to go in with guns blazing and to be met with legal use of deadly force in self defense.
    Police go way beyond their authority with forced entry and use of firearms.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    673 times
    You can blame the cops if you like. They ask for the warrant but some highly educated lawyer called a judge gave it to them. The cops are responsible for executing but the judge called the play..
    Desperado and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    http://www.mkgandhi.org/nonviolence/...he%20sword.htm

...When my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence. Gandhi.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links