Coming out of retirement! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Coming out of retirement!

Member #
    Liked
    4242 times
    So tomorrow will be my very first Sat. to work and they are looking to be busy. Weather is supposed to be mostly sunny and around 65*. Hope I'm prepared! Today I ran the 200/300yd range by myself and did pretty well. Was moderately busy all day. So far I don't know which range I will be working tomorrow. Slowly adjusting to this new routine and actually working again. Last night before bed I took 2 ibuprofen and 1 ibuprofen PM and slept until my alarm went off at 6am.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Do we all get a "friends" discount?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
    I don't think so, but I've known him for a few years now and I'll bet he'll spring for a cup of coffee!
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
    Not even a "Wife's" discount given.

6 days in now and still haven't taken advantage of range time. Then after being there 9+ hours come 5/5:30 I'm done and ready to split.
    Must also admit I have been exposed to a lot of very interesting firearms and may just have to reconsider my thoughts on a long rifle. Still not convinced I need and AR/AK platform.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Member #
    Liked
    28247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post

6 days in now and still haven't taken advantage of range time. Then after being there 9+ hours come 5/5:30 I'm done and ready to split.
    Must also admit I have been exposed to a lot of very interesting firearms and may just have to reconsider my thoughts on a long rifle. Still not convinced I need and AR/AK
    platform.
    ahh YEP!
    you know what they say about a HOBBY becoming an OCCUPATION!
    takes all the fun out of it!
    that's exactly why I gave up being an ARSONIST!!!
    NOTE" Please watch the remarks about the AR and AK or I will be forced to put this on ya!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times

Must also admit I have been exposed to a lot of very interesting firearms and may just have to reconsider my thoughts on a long rifle. Still not convinced I need and AR/AK platform.
    I thought that I had infected you with the AR and the lever gun disease. Seems that you'll need a booster!
    kmw1954 and olfarhors like this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    4242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    NOTE" Please watch the remarks about the AR and AK or I will be forced to put this on ya!
    you already took the "man card" two years ago. When did you give it back?

Besides Czechbikr 45-70 Trap Door will pull the hair off your chest and loosen your teeth
    Czechbikr and olfarhors like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45531 times

Besides Czechbikr 45-70 Trap Door will pull the hair off your chest and loosen your teeth

The vintage Model '94 in 32 Win Special will also provide a satisfying thump to your day!
    kmw1954 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    The vintage Model '94 in 32 Win Special will also provide a satisfying thump to your day!
    Dang I wish I had known you have one of those. Sat. evening I just threw a half a doz of what looked to be new in the can. I picked them up thinking they were 30-30. never even heard of a 32 Spl. until then. From now on if I see it I'll pick it up!
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28247 times

SORRY MY BAD!
    some days I just get Snatch it crazy!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links