Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ammo shortage lucky find

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Stroker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
With the crazies out in full force ammo around here is virtually gone. Had a friend call and said he found some 40sw hydra shoks while cleaning out his garage. I got 30 boxes of 50 rounds each for $10/ box. I'm not a huge fan of the 40 but in a scenario such as this was a good find for me.
Text Font Material property Cream Skin care

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice score. At that price even when there is not a scare you can make some money if you sell.

#8 ·
Great deal--plus the box has TACTICAL on it so its worth a whole lot more than the regular old hydro-shok ammo!

Attachments

Reactions: MOONDAWG
#10 ·
Great deal, especially for .40 S&W lovers. It once held an advantage as the countries LEO Agencies switched to it.

Nowadays, with the innovations in bullet technology, the avalanche in LEO ammo has moved back to the 9mm.

You're getting the same terminal performance with less recoil damage to the gun or shooter and a higher volume of ammo at a lower price point.

The .40 S&W is still a good
cartridge but it's advantage has diminished somewhat.

#15 ·
Nowadays, with the innovations in bullet technology, the avalanche in LEO ammo has moved back to the 9mm.

You're getting the same terminal performance with less recoil damage to the gun or shooter and a higher volume of ammo at a lower price point.
:rolleyes:

Mark, you got a heck of a deal. Congrats!

#12 ·
WOW...great friend!

(has he got any in 45 ACP? )

#13 ·
I went by Sportsman Whse today and they had quite a few boxes of 9mm on the shelves. They did limit purchases to 2 boxes so I bought two 100 count boxes of 115gr Blazer FMJ. After leaving I decided to go down the street and check out a place called Ranch and Home. Last time I was in there they were out of all 9mm. Today they had all kinds on the shelves. I asked a guy at the counter if there was a limit and he said buy it all if I want to. Picked up a couple a hundred rounds. All in all I was shocked.

#17 ·
Whomever said luck doesn’t account for much never walked into a deal like this. The last ammo shortage I had to give up my XD40 because I couldn’t afford to feed it. About a year later, after the 9mm started flowing again, my wife bought a PT92 for me- for Valentine’s day. I’ll get another .40, one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.