Your one handgun - $900 limit - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Your one handgun - $900 limit

Member #
    Liked
    28424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ICUKev View Post
    Ok I'm thinking outside of the box. I'd get an AR pistol. If things get any worse, that maybe the smallest gun out there!
    yea, they are a bear to conceal in a IWB or pocket holster and they are a bit heavy with like 30 rounds in them however!
    course this one is a 300 Black out, so ammo is heavier by a bunch.
    easily under 900 bucks though--this one was 499 plus shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    paulky_2000 and Dad1911 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    606 times
    LTT Beretta Centurion in 9mm. I would get it loaded out with what $900 would allow and then do the rest of the upgrades myself.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    8547 times
    Have to be a 1911. I don't think I could get or build a double stack in .38Super that cheap, so I guess it will have to be another single stack .45.

My first choice would be buying and modifying a 4" Smith Model 69 for carry (bob hammer, cut the wings off the target trigger, serrate or lightly checker the trigger face, cut the barrel off just behind the ports and recrown, do a carry 'meltdown' on all the edges, fit a set of fixed sights with a fiber optic front and chamfer the chamber mouths) but that would go over your $900 budget.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1455 times
    My CZ P-09:

Also, about $400 worth of ammo.
    paulky_2000 likes this.
    'Character is who you are in the dark'

'The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.'

Member #
    Liked
    36725 times
    I'm changing my mind. The OP said you could only have one handgun. That makes the point not really the price, but the gun itself. So... what gun is closest to a master-of-all-trades... a .357 Magnum revolver with a 4" barrel. You can hunt with it using 158gr. softpoints, small enough to carry for self-defense with 125gr. HP, compete with 148gr. wadcutters. As close to total competence as there is. Now, I want adjustable sights and something built like a tank, and one where most wear parts can be easily replaced by the owner.

Ruger GP100 4" in stainless steel.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Member #
    Liked
    8547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    I'm changing my mind. The OP said you could only have one handgun. That makes the point not really the price, but the gun itself. So... what gun is closest to a master-of-all-trades... a .357 Magnum revolver with a 4" barrel. You can hunt with it using 158gr. softpoints, small enough to carry for self-defense with 125gr. HP, compete with 148gr. wadcutters. As close to total competence as there is. Now, I want adjustable sights and something built like a tank, and one where most wear parts can be easily replaced by the owner.

Ruger GP100 4" in stainless steel.
    Load with wadcutters or round ball reloads and you can use a 4".357 as a pistol for kids to learn how to shoot handguns.

I've always thought that a 4" .357 (make and model is irrelevant) was the most versatile handgun around. You can make meat, defend yourself, plink and play, compete and teach kids and others to shoot all with one gun.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    25974 times
    I'd get the CZ75 SP01 and a few extra magazines.
    olfarhors likes this.

MOLON LABE
    "Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace." ~James Madison

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    The only one because government regulation? Or end-of-the-world? Why are we limited? Anyway. , I’ll take my FNX 45. Good combat pistol, accurate plus 16 rounds of 45 goodness! The non tactical version like mine comes in under $900.
    The RIA 1911 in 10mm is a good choice , also. 17 rounds of 10mm goodness!
    Last edited by TrucksNCoffee; 03-28-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Rule 2 violation - language acronym.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Kimber Classic Stainless Gold Math $900.x3
    TrucksNCoffee likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    28424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RScottie View Post
    I'd get the CZ75 SP01 and a few extra magazines.
    GEE---WHIZ!!!
    whats with you guys and these furren guns??
    they ain't accurate nor dependable I tell ya!
    RScottie and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsored Links