My gun shipping today, but non-essential businesses in my town may close. UPS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My gun shipping today, but non-essential businesses in my town may close. UPS?

Member #
    Liked
    620 times

My gun shipping today, but non-essential businesses in my town may close. UPS?

So my gun will be shipping today via UPS.

Tomorrow at 10am, my city will be announcing some sort of 'shelter in place' kind of order. It will likely be similar to orders done by nearby towns. Still be able to go to grocery, get gas, go jogging, etc..., but gun stores will no doubt close.

Generally, people are given a day to prepare, so an announcement on Tuesday likely won't go into effect until Wednesday @ 11:59pm. My gun is set to arrive at my FFL (gun store) on Thursday, haha.

Very curious what UPS will do in such a case. Return it to sender till the order expires? Hold it at a UPS location? No doubt UPS will stay operating, generally speaking. Lots of mail/packages shipped right before an order like this will have to be dealt with, somehow.

Any guesses on what will become of my 1911 until the order is lifted?
    Last edited by Valjean; 03-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    20426 times
    I do the shipping at my work and there is no indication from the drivers that they will stop doing business. My FedEx ground driver showed me the letter, essential services idea, he was given to show to the police if he should be stopped for any reason.

Now that I think about it the FedEx Express driver asked me if we had any plans of shutting down. He said he will continue to deliver/pickup for us.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22961 times
    If they are told to freeze non essential service, well, oooh, beware the brown truck gun diet syndrome. I "figger" there have been more guns disappeared from brown trucks than the number of socks which disappeared in the loads of laundry.
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8500 times
    My bet is gun stores may close their doors to people but maybe one guy or more will be there to take stock and reorganize the place.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    olfarhors likes this.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    2845 times
    Call your FFL.......he can tell you if he will be open. He may even let you do your paperwork early, and also the background ck?

Can't hurt to check on it.......
    45 Forever and daytonaredeye like this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    36603 times
    Read that Ohio's shelter-in-place order makes a necessity-of-life exemption for gun shops.

Michigan's doesn't...
    daytonaredeye and brojohn like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    Interesting points and thoughts!

I will call tomorrow and get the skinny on how they will proceed, based on what is put in place tomorrow.

Many businesses will have to collect mail from their boxes (at the PO or at boxes in their building) to prevent them filling up, wouldn't be surprised if the gun store keeps someone their to collect mail, even if regulations prevent customers from coming in to collect. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Be great if gun stores had an exemption - I'm in Texas, so we'll see!

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    Read that Ohio's shelter-in-place order makes a necessity-of-life exemption for gun shops.

Michigan's doesn't...
    What's really odd is apparently IL has given exemption to gun stores and deemed them as necessary....
    brojohn likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1726 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    My bet is gun stores may close their doors to people but maybe one guy or more will be there to take stock and reorganize the place.
    As well as guard the store and inventory.
    45 Forever likes this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Aside from calling the FFL, I'd also look at what your state shelter in place law actually says when it comes to businesses. We just started our own at midnight tonight. While ours does name some jobs as essential, and names other businesses as ones that must close, it also has provisions for other retailers or businesses that are able to keep the 6' space between people at all times, or like restaurants, can do a drive thru/take out type model.

FWIW, UPS, Fedex, transportation in general, aren't shut down anywhere and likely won't be. That would mean empty stores and business at a halt. If transportation ever gets shut down, that's the true sign of SHTF.
    allen723 likes this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links