Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun

Member #
    Liked
    63 times

Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun

I'm pretty sure a lot of folks here are holed up in their homes just like I am. If (GOD forbid) we were only allowed to buy and own one handgun firearm for you entire life. Also you were not allowed to spend more than $400, WHICH gun manufacture from the CURRENT ones available right now would you purchase from. I'll go 1st and I would pick RUGER. What would be your pick?

Member #
    Liked
    33545 times
    One handgun to do everything we want handguns to do?

Hmm. .45 or .357 are the choices I'd spend time on. I'd want a 3" barrel for .357, but I don't know if you can get a 3" .357 for $400. Hopping over to gunbroker, I see one available right now that I'd consider. I'm ruling out Rugers because I've never had a Ruger with a DA trigger I could tolerate. I understand that may be a "minority" opinion, but there it is. So there's one Taurus available right now, and it might go above $400 before the auction ends. So call the .357 a good idea, but difficult to fit within the price ceiling.

So let's look at .45. I've been shooting 1911s for decades. If I'm limited to one gun, it's going to be JMB's masterpiece. 4" 1911s are reliable, have the classic 1911 ergonomics, and are easier to conceal than the 5" original. I see a dozen metal framed (one gun? It ain't gonna be plastic) .45 Commanders under $400. I think my answer is RIA or ATI .45 1911 with the 4"/4.25" slide.
    Rotorflyr and BigBlue like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    902 times
    Well if I'm limited to a spend of only $400 I'm stuffed. The mark up here in GB is between a quarter and a third of what you guys pay, hence me having to pay nearly $1250.00 for my Ruger SR1911 LWC..!! So I guess I'd stay with my 669 and make sure I had plenty of ammo, .357 and .38 spec.

But, gentle-folk, be mindful that here in good old Great Britain it's more likely that 'home invaders' would be tackled with a tightly rolled up copy of The Times, if they are in an urban environment or Horse & Hound if they are in the countryside.. (but a 12g homeload of coarse rock salt would leave a lasting impression on whomever it hit..)
    loudviking likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I'll play. $400 handgun now to do everything for rest of life. Well, it would have to serve for defense and possibly hunting use, be incredibly durable and versatile, with repair parts generally available. The cartridge would have to be something I reload for.

So I think I'm in GhostHorse's camp. I lean more toward a steel 357, but a 1911 would also work. You can shoot rimfire with a 22 kit on the 1911, and you can load shot into 38/357 cases. But also considering a Judge, you get a great deal of versatility there too.

This is not an easy choice. Used glock 19
    GhostHorse and Doc Holliday like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11888 times
    Under $400 pistol - you'd want one with lots of available spare parts, Used Glocks are often above $400 (unless you go for tradein 22's or 23's) , so the obvious solution is out for me because I think sticking to the most available pistol caliber in 9mm is part of the equation. So the answer for me would be S&W. They aren't my favorite, but getting spare parts is almost as easy as Glock.

But really if you want one gun that does it all for under $400 - Mossberg 500 shotgun in 12 or 20guage. Plink,Hunt, and SD all rapped up in one platform. Honorable mention would be a PSA AR15 if you buy them quick, the $400 AR's are starting to dry up.
    loudviking likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    2694 times
    I would choose a Canik TP9. Most probably the DA model (I have 2 already), or maybe a SF Elite (I have one).
    If you like DA/SA guns, then the DA model is the one. If SA?....then the Elite. Both fantastic, both less than $400 after tax.
    777Driver likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    1318 times
    Putting a $400 limit on the choice makes it rather difficult.
    I like my Glock 17, but I paid $500 for it.
    I like Brojohn's recommendation for his Canik TP9 DA. I was already eyeing Caniks before the virus hit the fan and raised the price of firearms. I'll have to look at them again after this crisis passes.
    I like my G2C, but if I can only have one gun I'd want one with more capacity and a longer barrel.
    I have a Walther Creed that I got for a steal at $250 a year ago, but now goes for $350 online.
    It's been a good gun for me, so I'll go with the Creed.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    An ATI 4.25" barrel. (Mine cost $350.00) the rest I'd spend on a railed mag.
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Putting a $400 limit on the choice makes it rather difficult.
    I like my Glock 17, but I paid $500 for it.
    I like Brojohn's recommendation for his Canik TP9 DA. I was already eyeing Caniks before the virus hit the fan and raised the price of firearms. I'll have to look at them again after this crisis passes.
    I like my G2C, but if I can only have one gun I'd want one with more capacity and a longer barrel.
    I have a Walther Creed that I got for a steal at $250 a year ago, but now goes for $350 online.
    It's been a good gun for me, so I'll go with the Creed.
    Yeah, the $400 limit makes it tough, unless you find it on a good sale. Realistically, I'd go with a Judge Mag since the variety of ammo would make it effective on everything from mouse to moose.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    My S&W Shield cost 300 dollars, years ago

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links