Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Lets have a little fun, 1 company 1 gun

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    $400 I don't want to play, be a little more reasonable like a limit of $2000
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIPLEBIKE View Post
    I'm pretty sure a lot of folks here are holed up in their homes just like I am. If (GOD forbid) we were only allowed to buy and own one handgun firearm for you entire life. Also you were not allowed to spend more than $400, WHICH gun manufacture from the CURRENT ones available right now would you purchase from. I'll go 1st and I would pick RUGER. What would be your pick?
    I have many knives that I spent over $400 for.

This is what I conceal carry:

I love my Ruger Mark IV Target with T&J Tactical Integral Suppressor, Volquartsen trigger kit and Vortex Venom but that cost a few times $400.

I might have picked up a used Glock 27 for $400 so I’ll choose that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Made for the very serious business of self-preservation - the 605 is built to the Taurus Zero Tolerance standard - in design, fabrication, fit and performance.

Member #
    Liked
    19809 times
    Whoever mentioned the shotgun route was pretty much right on as utility functionality.

On a hand gun, I would have to shop wise and smart. Most likely go with a .40sw round used GLOCK, SW MP40, or FNS-40. The last 2 could be purchased new for under the $400 price tag. But, my thought process would be that all of the listed firearms above do have the ability to change caliber choice with the use of a conversion barrel to shoot 357SIG ammunition. As an added bonus the .40sw and 357SIG fires from the same magazine.
    BigBlue likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10955 times
    If I could have that $400. plus whatever I could get for a Taurus M380, Taurus PT25, and a Beretta Pico, (they all seemed like a good idea at the time...), I might be able to play. As it is, I can't remember the last time I paid under $400. for a hand gun.

I bet I could find a Rem 870 12 ga. though.
    olfarhors likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    491 times
    If we're talking handgun (and not long gun) I'd likely go with an RIA or ATI in 45 or a Canik of one form or another or a Walter (probably a PPS but?) in 9mm, Maybe a Shockwave (I know it's technically not a handgun but still)

Add a long gun to the mix and I think it would be a Mossberg 500... Or a Savage Axis Bolt Action

Member #
    Liked
    225 times
    Taurus G3. Mine have been very good, as good as some that cost 5 times as much.
    They may not look as pretty but they have performed without problems.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    1631 times
    $400 bucks can buy lots of decent handguns, but if I'm limited to just one gun on such a budget, I'd try to locate a used Ruger Blackhawk convertible with a .45'' or .357'' groove diameter barrel.

My first centerfire revolver was a used Blackhawk .45 Colt/Auto convertible. Still have it. With it, I can shoot wax slugs, birdshot, mild cowboy loads and a large variety of very stout loads.

It'll probably keep it 'til it's next owner takes possession.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lomax; 03-23-2020 at 03:49 AM. Reason: sp
    777Driver likes this.
    "Anything that can happen with a gun probably will happen, sooner or later." _John M. Browning

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    34472 times
    One handgun for life. That means it most likely could serve many uses. Might need it for hunting, home defense, open or concealed carry, and even recreational shooting. With these things in mind, I choose a 6” .357 magnum revolver. And since I already own a S&W 586, with a 6” barrel, I would have to look for a used model under $400. A 6” .357 magnum revolver, in my opinion, is just to hard to pass up for versatility.
    The only drawback would be the inconvenience of concealed carry. But it can be done.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    4411 times
    I would have to go with a 1911, lots of parts available. Good quality guns available in the $400 range. My next choice would be the Taurus PT92 for the same reasons as the 1911.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28374 times
    You don't get a lot of choice for $400 if your talking about a new gun. My choice would be the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special.
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links