Taurus Firearm Forum banner

NICS crash....

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  loudviking 
#1 ·
Not sure if any of have tried to purchase in the last day or two, but the NICS being down indefinitely is an interesting development. I'm hoping the FBI will get it up and running again, because I have an FFL transfer coming my way.

#7 ·
Somehow I don't think the liberal mayors and governors are too terribly concerned with the NICS system delaying everybody or crashing. Call me crazy though.

#8 ·
Yep there is a lot of info in the Tennessee thread about it going up and down. I bought my birthday gun on 3-12 it took about 20 minutes. I went into the LGS on Saturday and it was insane totally packed and people 3 to 4 deep waiting on their checks.

They said it was overwhelmed but my FFL said he got an E-mail saying it was going down nationwide. But no solid proof as of yet! I was 1 of 14,467 people that bought a gun in those 3 days double the previous 3 days!

#10 ·
At my local gun store their background checks were taking 5 to 7 HOURS to run!
The volume of background checks are running 70,000 per day in Florida.
Florida checks are run through the FDLE system.
My local gun store has stopped all special orders as of today because the distributors are completely over whelmed.

#13 ·
Was at Rural King today trying to buy one of their LAST TWO AR15 lowers in stock when the system crashed.....

......so I put the lower on layaway and told the frazzled girl behind the counter that I'd come back later next week........

.....I don't think that's the reaction she was expecting, because she smiled wide and said THANK YOU!!

#15 ·
Another daily update from my favorite LGS. HE did get a large shipment of new pistols in Thursday and Friday, but this was stuff he ordered a month ago. So his shelves are full of 9mm pistols again. He is out of 9mm ammo, except a small hold back for his friends. I dropped by yesterday to pick up the M&P 2.0 9mm, and spent the afternoon with him. His Dad was working the counter, so I didn't offer to help. I was there 3 hours - in that time he sold to one family 4 pistols and one 856 revolver, sold another 4 9mm pistols to other walk ins. He had 3 customers who knew nothing about purchasing requirements, all three left without a gun.
The big family sale and NICS. Online access kept dropping or giving 5XX errors, dial in access was either hold for 20 minutes and then get disconnected, or no answer. After 2.5 hours of dialing in, they finally got an open connection and were able to get all 5 NIC checks completed during that one session. I did a count before he sold what I described above, he had about 30 9mm pistols in stock Taurus/Glock/S&W/ and an assortment of used odd balls. I discussed with him about putting some on armslist, but he said he has enough business dealing with walk ins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.