NICS crash.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: NICS crash....

Member #
    Liked
    19809 times
    Just wait until all of these new gun owners find out that there is no ammunition to be had anywhere. Oh well, maybe they can trade that new firearm in for some TP.
    kschilk, loudviking and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    35172 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Just wait until all of these new gun owners find out that there is no ammunition to be had anywhere. Oh well, maybe they can trade that new firearm in for some TP.
    Do I need a FFL to sell these? ...a guy could make a fortune!

Name:  s-l225.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  11.5 KB
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    3393 times
    Was at Rural King today trying to buy one of their LAST TWO AR15 lowers in stock when the system crashed.....

......so I put the lower on layaway and told the frazzled girl behind the counter that I'd come back later next week........

.....I don't think that's the reaction she was expecting, because she smiled wide and said THANK YOU!!
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27743 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    Had a neighbor mention to me about 4-6 weeks ago about buying a gun and wanted to know IF I would go with him to look, feel, and suggest?
    I said sure just let me know about when and we can set a date.
    so I am out walking yesterday and he comes out of his house and says--yea wait for it-- so can we go look for gun this week?
    I explained to him sure if you want but understand the available supply is almost non existant, prices ae high and certainly choices are reduced, plus depending on caliber you might not be able to find ammo anywhere!
    he just looked kind of sheepish and said yea I saw on the news where everyone was buying them!
    Look up Bad Timing in the Dictionary if you want to see this guys picture!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    11888 times
    Another daily update from my favorite LGS. HE did get a large shipment of new pistols in Thursday and Friday, but this was stuff he ordered a month ago. So his shelves are full of 9mm pistols again. He is out of 9mm ammo, except a small hold back for his friends. I dropped by yesterday to pick up the M&P 2.0 9mm, and spent the afternoon with him. His Dad was working the counter, so I didn't offer to help. I was there 3 hours - in that time he sold to one family 4 pistols and one 856 revolver, sold another 4 9mm pistols to other walk ins. He had 3 customers who knew nothing about purchasing requirements, all three left without a gun.
    The big family sale and NICS. Online access kept dropping or giving 5XX errors, dial in access was either hold for 20 minutes and then get disconnected, or no answer. After 2.5 hours of dialing in, they finally got an open connection and were able to get all 5 NIC checks completed during that one session. I did a count before he sold what I described above, he had about 30 9mm pistols in stock Taurus/Glock/S&W/ and an assortment of used odd balls. I discussed with him about putting some on armslist, but he said he has enough business dealing with walk ins.
    loudviking likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I have a carry permit. Don't rely on computers.
    Kansas is same way, CHP holders no background check.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7691 times
    Same in Rapid City, nothing going thru NICS.....................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links