IN 1968 I went to work at Fairchild Hiller Aircraft Plant in Crestview, Fl. We were doing complete rebuilds on F105 and F102 aircraft. It was near my first day on the job, when I was put into the cockpit of an F105 to uninstall all the electrical equipment and wiring. I was told to remove anything that was in my way to get all wiring out and put everything on a table by the work area. I removed a charged ejection handle, which had a pin and flag which said "Do Not Remove". Of course I didn't remove the pin, but removed the entire assy. Later the boss come over to check on my progress and almost lost his mind when he saw I had removed the assy. I reminded him he had told me to remove any thing that was in my way, so I did. At least I wasn't foolish enough to pull the pin and squeeze the handle. Several months later another new man was working in a similar cockpit and he removed the pin and squeezed the handle. An explosion, the canopy ejection ram (the canopy had been removed) through the roof of the hangar, and a frozen surprised look on his face, and seconds later the ram came back down on the roof of the building. Some time later I was working in the hospital area and someone, not me, pulled the ejection handle on a completed F102 and the Canopy came off hit the roof of the building and fell back onto the wing of the plane putting a big hole in the wing. Why don't supervisors warn people about these things?