rush at gunstores ---- - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: rush at gunstores ----

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20851 times
    I have to laugh, those calibers you mention are still on the shelves here! I saw 38 Super, about a half dozen boxes of 250-3000 Savage, some 22-250, 6mm Remington, a couple of boxes of 6.5 PRC, and even some 6mm and 6.5 Creedmoor. The only .22s were shorts and longs, no long rifle.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Member #
    Liked
    27743 times
    well MY range/ shut down yesterday morning, as did the UPSC group that I occasionally shoot with, no more group shoots for a while .
    the Gun shop side of the range is still open but they are limiting customers to 10 inside the store at one time and the amount of time per customer to be helped (within reason--what ever that amount of time is?), guess the loooong time spent with newbies answering questions and such while others waited outside was to much?
    fortunately they have a nice long covered overhead outside to keep waiters out of the sun, rain etc.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I was expecting my state to do this. They did not however and for a state that just recently allowed Sunday alcohol sales it's rather surprising. But.... Who would ever protect us from the problems the govt creates if not the govt. They did cancel some shows tho. I'm lucky enough to have access to family property that we have always used for outdoors shooting. Also the zombie defense headquarters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47096 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    Florida Gun Shows is cancelling some ...

Florida Gun Shows - Florida Gun Shows
    I'm done with them. I have not been to s show in a long time. Went to the last one in Miami about a month ago. $5 parking and $13 to get in. Should have just turned around and left. Used to be $10 and free parking. I could deal with that. Now $18 is over my limit.
    fsimpson, Ickthus and olfarhors like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28373 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well MY range/ shut down yesterday morning, as did the UPSC group that I occasionally shoot with, no more group shoots for a while .
    the Gun shop side of the range is still open but they are limiting customers to 10 inside the store at one time and the amount of time per customer to be helped (within reason--what ever that amount of time is?), guess the loooong time spent with newbies answering questions and such while others waited outside was to much?
    fortunately they have a nice long covered overhead outside to keep waiters out of the sun, rain etc.
    My LGS announced yesterday that they will be closed until further notice due to this virus. Previously they were only allowing 5 people in the door at a time and I'll bet it was still a mad house trying to keep up with the demand. Having not bought a gun since January, I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms!
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    7947 times
    I have avoided my local gun store like the plague.Business beyond belief.Talking to one of several friends who work there last week they sold just shy of 1 million rounds of ammo in 5 days! Glad I don't have to fight the madness or buy into the panic.
    BigBlue likes this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I really haven't been looking to buy another gun, and I certainly am not lacking a gun. But now since every place is sold out and background checks are delayed and stores are closing, I'm thinking I'd like a Taurus 66 4" bbl. It's got to be the Don't Press the Button Syndrome. We'll see what I end up doing with that $1200...
    BigBlue likes this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    1312 times
    I have a little known pawn and gun that is on the down low. He keeps stock for a handful of us that buy from him and our local LEOs.
    He has a standing supply order months in advance and we get first refusal before its stocked.
    First rule of gun club is don't talk about gun club.
    I'm a regular and its a small town.
    I got a new AR15 Monday with 400 rounds. I'm getting a few hundred more next Tuesday. He keeps us going to the range. Outdoor private range with a lot of space. We will be fine for this time.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2427 times
    The shop where I work sold out of 9mm, 223 and 7.62 Monday. Thursday, a huge ammo order we placed 6 weeks ago came in, containing a full pallet of 9mm, 223 and 7.62. I spent the morning stocking shelves and toting cases and the afternoon restocking the shelves and toting cases. I was told by one customer he'd been to every shop in Louisville and Lexington looking for 9mm, and we were the ONLY shop with any. Today's gonna be busy! It probably hasn't slowed business any that we haven't raised prices.
    BigBlue, olfarhors and pegasus like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links