rush at gunstores ---- - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: rush at gunstores ----

Member #
    Liked
    3702 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    California 911 has been getting calls because a person can hear their neighbor coughing!
    OMG! People are so stupid.
    darbo and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    I drove past one of our LGSs yesterday & they where packed..
    Last time I stopped in there I bought my Taurus M85 for $200..
    Yup even the Liberals are buying guns & ammo now, Go Figure?
    Hope they paid extra just because.. The $200 guns last week are now $300..
    The AR-14 prices are starting to rise slowly again, It is after all an election year..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NativeTexan and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20118 times
    I wanted a little more .308 so decided to stop by the one bigger LGS after work yesterday. They were open for business and had a good supply of just about everything including all caliber ammunition. The prices were a little high but then this store has never been a "discount" type store.

I picked up 100 rds. just to have some on hand.
    texastaurusguy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2427 times
    I work again Saturday. Monday was record breaking. We did NOT increase prices, but sold out of bulk ammo. Many first time buyers. I gave each a card for a local trainer.

Member #
    Liked
    33543 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    I gave each a card for a local trainer.
    That's good to hear. Store policy, or your initiative?
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Like many others, prolly on this site as well, I stocked up heavily during the 8-years BHO. Especially when it comes to ammo since I'm a "RELOADER."
    texastaurusguy likes this.
    PT-92, 100, 945, G2C 9mm, 66, & 605; just to name a few!

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32077 times
    Glad I don't want or "need" a new gun.
    Doc Holliday and Old_Sp5 like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    17847 times
    Saw on the news a couple of days ago about record sales in places like CA, and NY, the crowd was made of people who did not want to have a picture taken or give a name because they didn't want friends knowing they purchased a gun. and people who said, "we have heard for years how you don't need a gun from our local politicians, but with the way things are going i just don't believe them anymore" They also said asians are making up about half of the purchases because they fear reprisal from people who view them as a reason for the current state of things due to the origin point of the virus.

One store owner said in his 61 years of business he has never seen this high a demand, they are actually having to split people into groups, asking if they are just here for ammo or for a gun, and are turning away the ammo seekers due to no inventory.

And the cast majority of the demand has been for handguns. Some store owners were even saying they were not selling to people with zero experience handling a gun, choosing instead to sell only to people who at least knew how to check a gun for clear.

Kinda makes one feel this can only hurt candidates who are saying you don't need a gun, especially if this gets worse and we actually do start needing them because out of work people are starting to break into homes looking for supplies.

If you haven't seen the movie contagion recently, give it a watch, its eerie how many of the things going on right now were in that movie. other then of course how deadly its virus was compared to this one.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32077 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I wanted a little more .308 so decided to stop by the one bigger LGS after work yesterday. They were open for business and had a good supply of just about everything including all caliber ammunition. The prices were a little high but then this store has never been a "discount" type store.

I picked up 100 rds. just to have some on hand.
    I've never bought .308 and I've killed a lot of game with my Remington stainless M7. I don't hoard .308 or my other hunting calibers, .257 Roberts and 7mm Rem Mag. But, I like to have 50 to 100 rounds on hand. I'm a bit short on .380 so I'll have to crank up the reloader soon. My big stash bulk ammo calibers are .223 and 7.62x39.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 03-19-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    darbo likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    34472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 53rdcard View Post
    Saw on the news a couple of days ago about record sales in places like CA, and NY, the crowd was made of people who did not want to have a picture taken or give a name because they didn't want friends knowing they purchased a gun. and people who said, "we have heard for years how you don't need a gun from our local politicians, but with the way things are going i just don't believe them anymore" They also said asians are making up about half of the purchases because they fear reprisal from people who view them as a reason for the current state of things due to the origin point of the virus
    Probably a lot of these first time buyers will also be changing the way they have been voting.
    TrucksNCoffee and Old_Sp5 like this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links