Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any firing range closings?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23384 times

Any firing range closings?

In lieu of Trump's latest coved-19 update today recommending gatherings of no more than 10 people, not counting those of you who have your own private ranges/large yards, anyone experiencing closure of public/private ranges? Particularly indoor ranges.
    darbo likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    19994 times
    Not sure it will become an issue, no one in their right mind would want to waste good ammo on paper targets. Too focused on self preservation against society gone wrong.

Yes, I'm being cynical...Or am I?

Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    I guess I'm not in my right mind then because I plan on still making my weekly range trip.

The club I belong to is completely private. Not at all accessible to the general public. It's rare to have 6 people there at the same time, so I'm not worried about a limit of 10.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1210 times
    My club has cancelled all organized gatherings at the range including matches and work days, even though COVID-19 hasn't been found here they are avoiding large groups of People getting together in close proximity.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    20531 times
    This past weekends matches ran as scheduled. I just took a look at the club calendar and there is no mention of any cancellations. I'm thinking I may slow down a bit and not shoot too much just in an effort to hang on to some ammo.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23384 times
    Well, this latest Trump recommendation only came out at 4:15 PM this afternoon so you might want to recheck daily.

Hell, even NASCAR has cancelled their next 6 races (through the end of April)!
    darbo and jonrjen like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1814 times
    Just found out that my local indoor range closed it's doors for good. Went out of business. My closest range now is the public outdoor range in state park.
    jonrjen and daytonaredeye like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2445 times
    I just head out to my brother's place, nobody down by the river.
    jonrjen and Taurus1965 like this.
    Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the snake, The snake didn't have a leg to stand on.

Opportunity may knock ounce, but temptation leans on the doorbell.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    23783 times
    Our Pistol Club will NOT close and club activities are expected to continue.
    Here is our Club Presidents latest (today) communication:

Fellow Members,

We are all aware of the Covid-19 news. Let's be clear about a few things:
    ...It's a strain of the flu
    ...last fact check is there are 1649 cases in the US.
    ...we have a population of 330 million
    ...in 2019 there were 280,000 hospital cases of influenza in the U. S. resulting in 16,000 deaths at a rate of 6%
    ...current death rate of Covid-19 is 2%
    ...as of today, there is one case in our county resulting in the patient suffering "minor" discomfort.

I have had one (singular) request to cancel all activities at the Club. I have responded that we will not cave to hysteria. Our activities range for 8 to 40 participants. Everyone knows each other and if Ill....will be responsible enough to stay at bay.

Bottom line is operations are normal for our Club Range, unless the situation dictates otherwise.

President
    darbo, kmw1954, jonrjen and 4 others like this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    4218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Just found out that my local indoor range closed it's doors for good. Went out of business. My closest range now is the public outdoor range in state park.
    That stinks. I wish I could get out more just to support the range and hopefully keep it open.
    jonrjen and Taurus1965 like this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links