Any firing range closings? - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Any firing range closings?

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    I found out today that my range just closed. Our state order is that to stay open, a business has to have someone onsite whose job it is to enforce 6' of social distancing. This is an indoor private club with no employees, let alone one to enforce the social distancing, so it had to close.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32516 times
    Looks like the counties here fixed their oversight and now the ranges are considered essential businesses. Probably because they also sell guns. At least they fixed it, there were going to be a lot of people laid off if they had to shut down.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    627 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FLShutterbug View Post
    Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club in Orange County, Florida has cancelled all matches, organized training sessions, club meetings, orientations, etc. until at least April 30th.
    The club's ranges remain open for club members as normal. Members should bring their own materials to sanitize the wood shooting benches/tables before use.
    Effective at sundown on Thursday, March 26, 2020 the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club is temporarily closed in compliance with Orange County Florida Executive Order regarding COVID-19. The club will be closed until 11:00pm April 9, 2020 or longer if extended by a revised Executive Order.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    627 times
    For those in Central Florida, the Triple N Ranch Shooting Range complex closed on March 20th due to the COVID-19 virus.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47031 times
    The members only club I shoot at appears to still be open. At least they have not posted any closed notice online. If I go out today I will drive by and see. Don't plan on shooting but who needs plans.
    darbo likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22237 times
    One of my fave LGS - with attached indoor range - has closed the range and gone to curbside service for purchases only.
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    The wife and I went on a date to the local indoor range today. We were the only one's there shooting. Got off 350 rounds before getting hungry, LOL
    olfarhors and darbo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27729 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    One of my fave LGS - with attached indoor range - has closed the range and gone to curbside service for purchases only.
    they need to start selling TACO'S and they could make a fortune!!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    The indoor range where I am a member is closed until Apr. 6th, then will see what happens, Ohio is a stay at home state right now, only essential businesses are to remain open.

I checked today and the closest indoor range to me in Ohio is still open, except they're no longer open on Tuesdays. They have however shortened their hours of operation, if I recall correctly. The closest outdoor pistol range is open to me 24/7, as it's mine. Neighbor down the road has a private rifle range that he lets me use. I was there a couple of days ago and he let me shoot his legally owned belt fed MG for a little bit. The problem is that I had to sell almost my entire gun collection to buy the land I currently live on, so I don't personally own a wide selection of guns to shoot anymore. I'd like to get some of them back if possible.

Member #
    Liked
    3209 times
    My club range is open, just no events at the moment. It is a bit windy, but the sun is out and in the low 70's. So I got to test a shotgun, do a little pistol practice, buy groceries, and mow the yard today.

Maloy

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Sponsored Links