Is this confirmation of reaching Oldie status..?? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Is this confirmation of reaching Oldie status..??

Member #
    Liked
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    I prefer hammer fired guns however I also have some striker fired guns and like them as well. If the same gun was available in striker fired and hammer fired I would get the hammer fired. That said I will not avoid getting striker fired guns.
    Just like some spoil-sport to reel a drifted thread back on course! (Just kidding, Fishinkeylargo.)
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36601 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    I prefer hammer fired guns however I also have some striker fired guns and like them as well. If the same gun was available in striker fired and hammer fired I would get the hammer fired. That said I will not avoid getting striker fired guns.
    Trying to think of a pair of guns that would be ergonomically identical but one striker, one hammer... I'm sure they exist, can't think of one offhand. (It would be cheating to claim that a striker fired gun is identical to a 1911 just because the maker copied the grip angle... everybody did!)
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    8275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    (It would be cheating to claim that a striker fired gun is identical to a 1911 just because the maker copied the grip angle... everybody did!)
    Right down to Black and Decker on their electric drills.
    MadKaw likes this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22938 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    In the '60s and '70s while on active duty military status, I was issued M1911 SA autos. Upon transitioning to the Reserves and entering "civilian" service, I was issued SA/DA Sigs for the next 30 years. Loved them, still do. Would never have stooped so low as to carry a plastic gun, or one with a striker. Military carry of the M1911 was chamber-empty, hammer down. I met a number of senior Army NCOs who carried them with one in the chamber and hammer down and thought nothing of it. They stuck them in their waistbands or pockets and thought nothing of it.
    THEN one of our sons became a cop. It's strange to have a son who can arrest me. His first issue gun was a S&W M&P9. After one day at the range, and having myself achieve 'fishel Olde Guye status, I, uhm, er, loved it.
    Got one in 357Sig. Loved it even better. That or a Sig P320C/357Sig is my EDC gun, though I still have a soft spot in my heart for those ancient and battered Sig P228, P226, P220 and P229 autos in the safe. Oh, and a 1911-pattern gun or two.
    Sooo, go for it. Don't make a decision until you have given one a good workout. As to not knowing if it is charged, that is, cocked on a loaded chamber, that is all in the manual of arms. You shouldn't have any trouble with that.
    You mean guns like these:

Name:  91E79939-2E63-4773-998E-484102BCBED8.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  1.49 MB

Name:  86BA3BA0-B888-4433-BAAE-4B218D36558C.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  684.4 KB

P320 Compact Nitron in 357SIG top
    P228/M11A1 in 9mm bottom
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Isle of Man. Which is GB but NOT UK. Home of the world's biggest motorcycle races
    Liked
    1326 times
    Take it back.. the barrel's bent..!!
    jtg452 likes this.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Member #
    Liked
    8275 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    I actually had someone do that when I was working in a gun shop.

I had to explain the genius of John Moses Browning's action to him before he was willing to keep the gun.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    28072 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxTom View Post
    Yea and its very loose as well, probally shoots all over the place!!
    ManxTom and jtg452 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    36601 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    I actually had someone do that when I was working in a gun shop.

I had to explain the genius of John Moses Browning's action to him before he was willing to keep the gun.
    That happened to me, too. The guy came in, talked to one of my guys could not be convinced, insisted on seeing the manager—me. I showed him five or six pistols with similar actions, finally got him to agree to take it to the range and try it. (I was SO tempted to bring out the Beretta PX4 and confuse him with a barrel that didn't tilt... but I realized in time that it wouldn't be worth dealing with the unhappy customer.)
    ManxTom and olfarhors like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links