Taurus Firearm Forum banner

So much for that plan...!!

1K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  ManxTom 
#1 ·
This could well be a case of 'be careful what you wish for, 'coz you wont get it..'. (sorry, this doesn't relate to a Taurus..)

I spoke to my local gun dealer the other day and asked him, as he can get Ruger pistols and revolvers. In fact he's the guy who got me my SR1911. Well I'm after a .22LR, just for plinking and, as there is no longer an imported for Taurus in GB, I got to thinking about the SR22.

Imagine my surprise when he told me, (a) they are not available in GB until June and (b) it would cost me $883.13 to buy. :mad::mad:

And, apparently, there's a waiting list for Glock 44's..

Maybe it's time to find an old clunker and have fun restoring it..

#3 ·
It's a great gun, but IIRC I paid around $280-300 USD for mine.

Reactions: Jake3501
#7 ·
Price quoted to me for a Mk4 Lite was $717.00..!!

What was the name of that song from way back about a guy sneaking parts of a car out of the factory..?? Maybe I could try that.. one bit at a time.. LOL;)

#5 ·
$883 and change? Wow. I shall remember that tomorrow morning, when I visit my local gun store and look over their selection of new and used .22 long rifle caliber handguns. Then, I shall share your price with the guys behind the counter, whereupon we shall laugh and count our blessings for living in the U.S. of A.

I realize that none of this helps you one little bit, but we'll certainly feel better over here in New Mexico! :D

#8 ·
...Then, I shall share your price with the guys behind the counter, whereupon we shall laugh and count our blessings for living in the U.S. of A. ...
Some years back we were visiting friends in Jackson, MS. I used to go to a gun shop / range in nearby Clinton called Surplus City. I got to know the guys there pretty well. On one trip I had a British shooting magazine with me and, like all similar mags, it was full of ads for all manner of shooting stuff including dealers sales lists with prices.

I gave this mag to the guy behind the counter with the express instructions he should only read it with a box of Kleenex to hand. Well I was there shooting stuff most of the day (my wife called it my Day Care Centre) and every time I took a 'time out' he was sat there, stone faced, reading my magazine..

At around 4pm he came on to the range and lay two boxes of 9mm ammo in front of me and said "I feel for you.. have these on me, I wish US gunmakers could do it cheaper so you guys didn't have to pay so much..". We had a conversation back in the shop and he said he had a new found respect for British shooters having to put up with such high prices and yet still have fun. The place is closed now, such a shame. Really nice people - true Southerners.

Reactions: GhostHorse
#13 ·
Ruger Mk III or newer. Beretta Neos: cheap and excellent quality. Just looks funny.
If you can find one at a price you like, any S&W .22 revolver is great. (Model 17, 18, Combat Masterpiece, 65)
Ruger Single Six or Single Ten. Superb guns, usually good prices.
S&W 617, though prices seem to be climbing.
S&W 22. S or A, good shooters, decent prices. S&W 34, 63. Prices climbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.