Good Samaritan concealed carriers saves a group of women from a violent attack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Good Samaritan concealed carriers saves a group of women from a violent attack

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49535
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    midwest usa
    Posts
    3,263
    Liked
    3807 times

    Good Samaritan concealed carriers saves a group of women from a violent attack

    https://www.winknews.com/2020/01/24/...-chasing-them/

    IDK if a group came up to me and wanted in my car IDK if I'd have let them in. I might be concerned it wasn't real and possibly a robbery attempt by the women. OTOH, since I usually drive a tiny subcompact instead of my full size truck, that probably wouldn't be an option anyway. It would be like fitting a bunch of clowns in a clown car.

    My wife and I once had a similar situation in Florida, only it was one woman being chased by a guy in a pickup truck, and she definitely wasn't armed, (or hardly dressed either, just wearing a small top and panties.) We were in a full size Caddy, with 4 people, and she was yelling for help, asking to be let in. Plus we and another vehicle behinds us saw that he was trying to run her over, almost succeeded a couple of time before we got there. One elderly relative in the back yelling at us to not let her in. Not that letting her in was even an issue because things happened to fast for that to even be a needed option. The guy parked his truck across the road and revved up his engine like he was going to do something but never did. I held up a cell phone and my wife got out her pistol. The guy's eyes went wide and he took off down the road. Guess he was scared off by the cell phone. The woman ended up getting up in a car that was stopped behind us and that car drove towards the next town. It took nearly 5 minutes to get 911 to route us to the proper dispatch, and by then the car could've gotten to town.

    That’s when Rossi pulled out his gun, fired several shots into the back of Lesniak’s truck and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.
    If that was intentional (like a warning shot) if I were in that situation I would not have done that. Still, it all worked out for the best this time.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,905
    Liked
    3414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    https://www.winknews.com/2020/01/24/...-chasing-them/

    IDK if a group came up to me and wanted in my car IDK if I'd have let them in. I might be concerned it wasn't real and possibly a robbery attempt by the women. OTOH, since I usually drive a tiny subcompact instead of my full size truck, that probably wouldn't be an option anyway. It would be like fitting a bunch of clowns in a clown car.

    My wife and I once had a similar situation in Florida, only it was one woman being chased by a guy in a pickup truck, and she definitely wasn't armed, (or hardly dressed either, just wearing a small top and panties.) We were in a full size Caddy, with 4 people, and she was yelling for help, asking to be let in. Plus we and another vehicle behinds us saw that he was trying to run her over, almost succeeded a couple of time before we got there. One elderly relative in the back yelling at us to not let her in. Not that letting her in was even an issue because things happened to fast for that to even be a needed option. The guy parked his truck across the road and revved up his engine like he was going to do something but never did. I held up a cell phone and my wife got out her pistol. The guy's eyes went wide and he took off down the road. Guess he was scared off by the cell phone. The woman ended up getting up in a car that was stopped behind us and that car drove towards the next town. It took nearly 5 minutes to get 911 to route us to the proper dispatch, and by then the car could've gotten to town.



    If that was intentional (like a warning shot) if I were in that situation I would not have done that. Still, it all worked out for the best this time.
    My parents were disturbed by frantic knocking at the door a few evenings ago. Dad opened the door (I didn't ask if he was armed) and found a guy that was breathing heavy, wet, and muddy, claiming he had been shot at and chased from the neighborhood down the street. The cops and an ambulance showed up and, after about an hour of discussions, took him away, presumably to the loony bin.

    Several years ago there was a couple here in Wichita awakened at 2 or 3 in the morning by frantic knocking at the door. There was a nekked woman who had run about a mile in the snow, reporting that she was the only survivor among five friends who had been kidnapped, taken out in the country, shot, and run over. I asked myself then and still do, if I would have opened the door.

  3. #3
    Moderator

    Member #
    37162
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Country Living in NW Arkansas
    Posts
    7,807
    Liked
    11897 times
    I imagine this is how typical defense stories often go, no time to think - just react as best as you can. Not sure what his angles on the perp were, but after all those attempts to hurt someone. If I could have , it would have been shoot to stop, not shoot to warn or at a tailgate.
    Czechbikr and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN



  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    45087
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lee County Florida (SWFL)
    Posts
    3,184
    Liked
    4413 times
    This happened about 2 miles from our home. In Florida a motor vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. The minute the perp rammed the victims truck in became self defense. Florida also considers your vehicle to be an extension of your home in the Castle and Stand Your Ground laws.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

  6. #5
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,905
    Liked
    3414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    This happened about 2 miles from our home. In Florida a motor vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. The minute the perp rammed the victims truck in became self defense. Florida also considers your vehicle to be an extension of your home in the Castle and Stand Your Ground laws.
    As a jogger, the few times I've carried a gun is while jogging early in the morning before sunlight (at my wife's insistence). I've been hit by a car before, and have been "challenged" by several cars who think turning in to a business driveway while a jogger is in the path gives them the right-of-way. I've often wondered how I would be vilified if I felt in fear for my life and shot at the car as it was coming to me in a defenseless position. Some people don't realize that even a moped could do some serious bodily harm, let alone a full size car or pickup.
    bobbojama likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    45087
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lee County Florida (SWFL)
    Posts
    3,184
    Liked
    4413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    As a jogger, the few times I've carried a gun is while jogging early in the morning before sunlight (at my wife's insistence). I've been hit by a car before, and have been "challenged" by several cars who think turning in to a business driveway while a jogger is in the path gives them the right-of-way. I've often wondered how I would be vilified if I felt in fear for my life and shot at the car as it was coming to me in a defenseless position. Some people don't realize that even a moped could do some serious bodily harm, let alone a full size car or pickup.
    This one is a scary one.....

    https://www.naplesnews.com/story/new...da/4418769002/
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

  8. #7
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,905
    Liked
    3414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Good to know.

    I'll be in Naples in a couple of weeks, unarmed, so I'll try to keep my driving safe.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Member #
    3642
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    1068 times
    Article says the shooter "tapped" His brakes to get a car that was following too closely to back off and then sped up when the other car tried to pass Him.
    I would say the Guy was looking to get someone riled up and was not without fault in this incident, I think He got away with murder.
    You can't provoke someone into a fight and then claim self defense.
    bobbojama likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

  10. #9
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    73271
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Kansas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,905
    Liked
    3414 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    Article says the shooter "tapped" His brakes to get a car that was following too closely to back off and then sped up when the other car tried to pass Him.
    I would say the Guy was looking to get someone riled up and was not without fault in this incident, I think He got away with murder.
    You can't provoke someone into a fight and then claim self defense.
    Tapping one's brakes doesn't sound like an invitation to fight. However, I've never understood this obsession with "following too close". I don't give a rip how close some idiot is to me. He's the one that's gonna be at fault if he hits me. If I think someone's getting too close, it would be because I'm impeding the flow of traffic (which I do not do). Now, it isn't uncommon for local idiots to drive two abreast on a four lane road, at about half or two-thirds the speed limit. There are just some people who are either clueless or absolutely rude.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    3642
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    1068 times
    He said tapped, He probably slammed His brakes on and then tried to prevent the Guy from going around Him and possibly getting away from the situation, My personal opinion is that He was looking for a confrontation.
    I think We should all have dash cams just for this type of scenario.
    bobbojama likes this.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •