Guns no longer owned
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Guns no longer owned

Member #
    Liked
    144 times

Guns no longer owned

If you are like me, you had to trade to try a new gun. One gun I had was an Intratec Protec-25 Auto. One of the smallest pocket guns I ever owned. Being a little leery of the 25 Auto, I sold it and bought the OMC Backup in 380. That was a nice pocket gun, but alas, I traded it for something else. I went through quite a few pocket guns including derringers and settled on the Beretta 3032 Tomcat as my current pocket gun.

Any other experiences?
    777Driver and taurustoter like this.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    368 times
    I gave up a Springfield XD40 during the great ammo shortage, because I couldn’t afford to feed it.
    taurustoter and NotSo like this.
    I don’t know what my spirit animal would be, but I’m pretty sure it has rabies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment does not grant the right to bear arms, that right is inherent. The Second Amendment prohibits the government from infringing upon that right.

Member #
    Liked
    3002 times
    Way too many to list! Trading was my way of trying different guns and finding out what I liked. These days I'm working to acquire some of the ones I wish I had never let go. The Rossi 720 was at the top of my list for many years before I finally found another a little over a year ago. In fact, just yesterday I traded an extra M&P Shield 45 I had to get back the Taylors & Co Uberti 1873 I got rid of last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    taurustoter and Old_Sp5 like this.
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8159 times
    Consigned or sold various firearms over the last few decades, including the following:
    - A complete S&W "K-frame" caliber collection that had the K-22, K-32, and K-38.
    - Various other S&W revolvers including K, L, and N-frame .357 Magnums, .44 Magnums, and .38 Specials.
    - Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 Magnum and 44VH .44 Magnum.
    - A pre '64 Winchester Model 70 in .270 Winchester.

Today, I am down to about 10 firearms, and will soon look into thinning the herd of those I just don't use often enough to keep anymore. Somebody else can enjoy the firearms I had more than I am currently.
    Jake3501 and Stroker like this.
    Every day I feel myself getting more and more like Michael Douglas' character "D-Fens" in the movie "Falling Down".

Member #
    Liked
    33461 times
    Insert boating accident report here.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    14253 times
    Mine was a canoe, same result.

Yissnakk and olfarhors like this.

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 19

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I am more of an accumulator than a collector, and the only gun I ever got rid of was a Windicator. I wanted to like it but it just wasn't any good, so I traded it back to the dealer within about a week, and some additional cash for a GP-100. I'm not sorry I tried it as I broadened my knowledge of guns. The itch I thought it would scratch eventually was by my 856 a few years later. Funny how the Taurus was similar price but way better quality, even comparing one as 357 and the other a 38.

I would like to not-own my NAA guardian 32. It is about the worst one I have experienced, and in trying to make it work I wasted a lot of time, effort and money. It works now, and by that I mean it will fire rounds the first time mostly, and not break parts too often. But it is a marvel to look at except where I took a file to it to make it not jump out of my hand. It lives in the bad neighborhood of my safe, where my Seecamps are afraid to go at night, they take a P32 with them when they have to.

Member #
    Liked
    1199 times
    Dozens per year traded or sold off over last few years

Dozens acquired each year as well

i have to buy- sell- trade often to experience all manners of firearms cause I ain't Richie Rich
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    2021 times
    When I think of the stuff that has slipped through my fingers, I get all choked up - more ways than one.

There was that RG-10 22LR revolver, cast pot-metal and all. Then the S-42 Luger, with the Hanel magazies.

Of course, there was a Winchester 94 in 30-30 Win that was all I salvaged (besides my three kiddies) from the flaming Hell that was my first marriage.

Forty pounds or so of various pocket-pistols, including my very first QUALITY S&W 36 Chief's Special.

That Win M-70 in 243 - - -ooooh!

That old JCHiggins 12 ga from the 50's that after my son shot the end off the barrel (fired it with a wad of mud inside it) it finally fit and swung just right! and I broke my first string of fifty with it.

The NEW 1903-A3 still in the arsenal box went to support my reloading habit when I got serious about 9mm's. Rats!

Still looking for a home for the Model 19-3 set.

That stuff has all gone to new homes where the shooters still appreciate them - except that RG-10. It finally drew blood when it spit lead, so I dropped it into the furnace, and watched it clinker in minutes.

Now, I'm in "downsize mode", and my kids and grandkids have a good bit of what was worth anything. Still have enough to outfit the gang when we go to the range, though.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    5801 times
    Had a Llama 1911 9mm Parabellum was just a hunk of junk. A real stinker. Put on consignment at my LGS a got rid of it. Another one was a Taurus TCP380 (precursor to the Spectrum) jam-o-matic. Over the course of 3 months it had various failures every 5 or so rounds. Tried everything and every different ammo. It was suggested that I send it back for service but knowing Taurus rep for Customer Service I declined. I traded it in at Cabela's for a Ruger LCPII and never looked back. The Ruger is solid as a rock. The only gun that I truly regret selling was a S&W .44 Special Patrol that my dad had gotten from a highway patrolman friend of his. I got it when my dad passed. Sold it years ago when I needed the money before I was a highly paid celebrity chef.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links