Would you trust your life to a Taurus firearm?

View Poll Results: Would you trust your life to a Taurus firearm?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 97.35%
  • No

3 2.65%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Would you trust your life to a Taurus firearm?

Member #
    Liked
    110 times

Would you trust your life to a Taurus firearm?

A little set up for this thread. On a different gun forum Taurus threads are almost always long-running and lively. Basically two camps for the most part. Camp one are the folks that actually own or have owned a Taurus revolver and pistol and feel favorably about the product and/or the company. The second group is the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters. Many of them have little to no experience with Taurus or recent experience (like within the last decade). Some are self-absorbed/admitted gun snobs. Some are parroting what someone's brother's roomate's next door neighbor said 20 years ago about a problem he had with Taurus. Some feel you have to pay a lot of money to have a solid firearm.

We had a couple of different Taurus threads on that board. One was on the Spectrum. The OP posted that he was disappointed in the pistol because it was a jamomatic and Taurus was charging him $50 to ship it back. Basically your typical rant-thread. And of course the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters piled on about Taurus being complete junk and their CQ sucked and their CS sucked. However, it came to light that the OP damaged his own pistol because he didn't know how to properly reassemble it. It also turned out that, in fact, Taurus wasn't charging him anything and had sent him a shipping label free of charge. I pointed out that Taurus was fixing, for free, a pistol the owner had damaged and that was more than fair. Of course, it fell on deaf ears with the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters. That thread, unfortunately, was closed down after about 12 pages because a couple of usual-suspect-Taurus-haters lost their composure and let their emotions get the better of them.

By the way, according to at least one of the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters, all of you folks that have gotten high round counts on your Taurus pistols are lying about it.

The other thread had the same title as this thread. About 40% of the voters stated that yes, once they vetted the pistol/revolver they would trust it with their lives. I couldn't help but wonder what % of the 'no' votes actually owned/ever owned a Taurus pistol and how many were simply regurgitating someone's negative views off the net? One of the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters hasn't even held a Taurus product in his hands in over a decade, yet of course he's an authority on the subject.

So I figured I'd post the same poll here. This way it's a good bet the respondents are people that actually have experience with Taurus products. See what the contrast is between both of these (non-scientific) polls.

So basically, once you vetted the Taurus pistol/revolver, would you trust it? In my opinion, you vet any pistol/revolver from any company before you carry/trust it.

If you would like to discuss what you carry and why, or what kind of performance and/or round counts you've gotten please feel free.
    777Driver, ICUKev, SWHS and 2 others like this.
    Its not hitting something that is important, its hitting something important that is important.

Survival and Emergency Preparedness

Member #
    Liked
    1242 times
    Yes, and do, every time I carry my UL380 revolver. Same with the Spectrum.
    Deputydave, SWHS and Qwiks draw like this.
    USAF 1976-79
    Deplorable 2016-Present

Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Absolutely, I have 2 different model 60s that I've had for many years and have carried them in the past and if necessary I would easily carry it in the future. I have never had a problem with my Taurus firearms.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Deputydave, SWHS and Qwiks draw like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4407 times
    I without question, trust my Taurus firearms with my life!! If I could not rely upon them, they would be gone.
    May 2020 find you safe, happy and healthy!
    Vote for the preservation of our Constitution!
    Keep
    America Great - TRUMP 2020!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    As a follow up to the OP, I voted yes. I've owned probably 20+ Taurus firearms over the last 30 years and in fact my first two off-duty weapons were Taurus. The first a 669VR 357 magnum revolver and the second (and actually my first semi-auto) was the PT908 9mm. Since then I've had a plethora of various pistols and revolvers. With one minor exception on a 7-shot Model 66 they have all been excellent pistols.

I carry a Sig P365 for my off duty carry now (for about the last 9 months). I was an outspoken critic of them during the first year due to the wide-spread issues they were having. It seemed Sig finally got it's act together (though I don't agree with how they did it) and the pistols are okay. Every now and then I toss out the fact though that realistically, the Taurus G2 has a better overall track record than the P365. This usually sets off one of the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters that is a raging Sigtard. But I feel that it's true. I'm not a fanboy for any company so if a product works, it works and if it doesn't then it doesn't. I'll critique it either way. I've noticed on the other board some folks prefer the G2 to the G26. Of course they get blowback when they discuss it.

So anyway, I voted yes. If I properly vetted a pistol or revolver I would be comfortable carrying it for SD regardless of the logo.
    GhostHorse and Qwiks draw like this.
    Its not hitting something that is important, its hitting something important that is important.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I bought a PT111 about 2 years ago. What I like. Feels good in the hand. Accurate once I got used to it and the long initial trigger pull (resets are short but near the wall). Disassembles easily. Now that I have some comparison, the thumb safety is super nice. Positive click and medium effort to engage. Just the right size.

But

Jams 2-3 times in a box of 50. Remington generally used but have tried others with about same result. To be honest I never sent it in. At least a year ago I kept reading about extraordinary slow customer service so didn't bother. Range only gun. I've applied for my CPL so now just waiting, but I won't use that gun. I don't even know what their warranty is really. I've tried various amounts of lube thinking maybe I was just running too dry or too oily, polishing the feed ramp. For a time I thought maybe I was limp wristing but that isn't it either.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
    Deputydave and SWHS like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47028 times
    Well some days I trust my life to a Taurus PT-145, you know those ones that are set to be destroyed because they are faulty. Other days I trust my life to Taurus TCP.

Of course any gun I carry I would make sure I have plenty of range time with it and am comfortable shooting it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    23052 times
    By the way, according to at least one of the usual-suspect-Taurus-haters, all of you folks that have gotten high round counts on your Taurus pistols are lying about it.

Now that's just ignorant.
    Quade likes this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    Now that's just ignorant.[/COLOR]
    Yes it was. Didn't stop him from making the statement though. Makes you wonder about some folks.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3401 times
    Well, I would be lying about a high round count. I don't have more than a couple hundred out of any gun--if that.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links