the New 4-H Shooting Sports Year Begins.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree17Likes
  • 8 Post By Divebum
  • 1 Post By Jake3501
  • 1 Post By Divebum
  • 2 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 1 Post By darbo
  • 1 Post By Czechbikr
  • 1 Post By Divebum
  • 1 Post By Czechbikr
  • 1 Post By Divebum

Thread: the New 4-H Shooting Sports Year Begins.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,989
    Liked
    9229 times

    the New 4-H Shooting Sports Year Begins.

    We had our first meeting last night at the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge. It was a New Member Orientation. One of my senior Junior Leaders gave the into presentation t 20 new members!!! 20 kids who will learn safe use of firearms, but more importantly, life skills. That will mean that we will have close to 60 kids in our club this year learning Archery, Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Advance Rifle, Shotgun and Living History. And the parents were just as enthusiastic as the kids. Life is good in the Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports World, specifically in Wood County.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    3312
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    30,944
    Liked
    23405 times
    I am always happy to see postings about 4-H Clubs, as I was a member as a kid, and tried out for the .22 target team.

    At age 12, I put on a shooting safety presentation.

    4-H is a great thing for families and youngsters.
    Divebum likes this.
    "Color Me Proudly Deplorable!"

    "We the Government, By the Government, For the Government!"

    The Tree of Liberty needs to be refreshed from time to time with the blood of socialists and tyrants, it's time to fertilize the tree....Jake

    Dead Squirrels flag no tails! Jake

    "Be Patriotic, Buy A Gun!" Jake



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,989
    Liked
    9229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake3501 View Post
    I am always happy to see postings about 4-H Clubs, as I was a member as a kid, and tried out for the .22 target team.

    At age 12, I put on a shooting safety presentation.

    4-H is a great thing for families and youngsters.
    Absolutely. Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports has been in existence for 20 year - we've had 1 minor incident involving a firearm. No one was hurt. Nationwide, since 1985, 4-H Shooting Sports has had 4 minor incidents involving a firearm. That's a pretty envious record. I've had my club for 12 years. I don't know how many kids have participated. One of the things I like to tell parents and people who want to know about the program is that we are not a gun club. We are a youth development program which happens to shoot.
    Jake3501 likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    18139
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    39,574
    Liked
    46825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    We had our first meeting last night at the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge. It was a New Member Orientation. One of my senior Junior Leaders gave the into presentation t 20 new members!!! 20 kids who will learn safe use of firearms, but more importantly, life skills. That will mean that we will have close to 60 kids in our club this year learning Archery, Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Advance Rifle, Shotgun and Living History. And the parents were just as enthusiastic as the kids. Life is good in the Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports World, specifically in Wood County.
    Do you have a charitable organization set up for funding? Are they registered with Amazon Smile? I'd be willing to change my charity to them to help out a little.
    Divebum and darbo like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

    The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.





  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Member #
    22132
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Spacecoast, Fl.
    Posts
    17,892
    Liked
    19939 times
    I can't say it enough times...this is a good thing you do Divebum.
    Divebum likes this.

  7. #6
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,754
    Liked
    42021 times
    Thanks for helping insure our future by working to build good citizens!
    Divebum likes this.
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,989
    Liked
    9229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Do you have a charitable organization set up for funding? Are they registered with Amazon Smile? I'd be willing to change my charity to them to help out a little.
    No. We don't have one set up for funding. But I think I will do that this year. I'll post once it's done. Thank you very, very much.
    darbo likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

  9. #8
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    32,754
    Liked
    42021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum View Post
    No. We don't have one set up for funding. But I think I will do that this year. I'll post once it's done. Thank you very, very much.
    Probably better to transmit by PM to keep within forum guidelines. There's a youth shooting club in AZ that a friend of mine works with called the Scorpions. They help fund their annual trip to Camp Perry by raffling off an M1 Garand at ten bucks per ticket. Not sure if the 4H would permit something like that. With social media you could get some fairly far reaching advertising even if it weren't a firearm that you were raffling. Solicit local vendors for contribution items to raffle.
    Divebum likes this.
    “…democratic socialism, the great utopia of the last few generations, is not only unachievable but that to strive for it produces something utterly different – the very destruction of freedom itself. As has been aptly said: ‘What has always made the state a hell on earth has been precisely that man has tried to make it his heaven.'” F.A. Hayek

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,989
    Liked
    9229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    I can't say it enough times...this is a good thing you do Divebum.
    Thank you. It is indeed a labor of love.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23253
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,989
    Liked
    9229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Probably better to transmit by PM to keep within forum guidelines. There's a youth shooting club in AZ that a friend of mine works with called the Scorpions. They help fund their annual trip to Camp Perry by raffling off an M1 Garand at ten bucks per ticket. Not sure if the 4H would permit something like that. With social media you could get some fairly far reaching advertising even if it weren't a firearm that you were raffling. Solicit local vendors for contribution items to raffle.
    We are very fortunate. Our NRA Grant as well as our Division of Wildlife grant pretty much takes care of the expenses. In the 12 years I've run the club, I've gotten around $100K in Division of Wildlife Grants and around $12K in equipment grants from Friends of NRA. We have also had some fund raisers. Ohio State (the governing body of the 4-H program) does not allow us to gamble. Hence no raffles. So we do a "Gun Giveaway" with a suggested donation of $5.00. But of course, no donation, no ticket.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •